Should we surrender the settopbox if we are not using it?.

• Thread starter Thread starter meetdhil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 9,202

meetdhil

Regulars
ISP
bsnl dataone
Dear friends, Suppose if we want to terminate our connection,what we should have to do?. Should we surrender the settopbox?.or does it belongs to us?.what is the procedure?.I am asking for both the service providersTS and dishtv?.They are saying as settopbox rental for 5 years.so only i am asking this.

Yes i too have this doubt becoz i thought of buying Tata Sky but then dishtv dish and stb will be useless.So will they get that stb back?If they get the stb back then any money refund?

Why do you want to buy Ts?.Are you having any problems with dishtv?.I just ask the above question for both TS and Dishtv.

to get Neo sports,i thought of buying,becoz on dishtv there is no news abt neo sports.But i just have an idea of buying,but i think i should stick with my dishtv

Neo sports will come to Dish TV soon. As per the BS article posted in another thread Nimbus said they expect to close the deal with Dish TV before the Pak series. Dont change only for getting Neo sports in a hurry. Btw do you know how much you'll have to pay to get Neo in TSky? The same case here in Dish TV as well once it is added.

Neo sports will come to Dish TV soon. As per the BS article posted in another thread Nimbus said they expect to close the deal with Dish TV before the Pak series. Dont change only for getting Neo sports in a hurry. Btw do you know how much you'll have to pay to get Neo in TSky? The same case here in Dish TV as well once it is added.

Yes it would be same as in TS.For the sun channels also their pricing is similar to that of TS.

What really happens to our Tata Sky/DISH STB's after we decide to terminate contract - May be something from below scenarios
1. Providers people take back STB (I doubt because it is in contract that STB is purchased by us while dish belongs to them - TATASKY)
2. Used for other service provider (not possible as of today - may be possible in future when inter-operability rule comes in practice)
3. This STB's be (atleast) used for FTA reception (as SKY STB's in UK are used and available online on ebay & other sites)

I read somewhere that about 5% of the customers (both dishtv and Tata Sky) do not renew their subscription on an annual basis. I wonder what they do with their STBs. I think, it can be sold (with their permission) or transfered to a new customer. DTH company does not lose anything; customer base is not eroded.It will also be possible to convert the STB to receive FTA channels by changing the software or installing a CAM module. This aspect need to be pursued by us all.

Back