Siemens C2110 and Networking

• Thread starter Thread starter infoinn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,353

infoinn

ISP
BSNL Home-500 C
Hello Friends,I own a siemens C2110 modem/Router which have one usb port and and one LAN. My question is that, Can i connect my Desktop PC with USB and my LAPTOP to the LAN(Ethernet port on modem and Laptop) and make file sharing between them(not internet only file sharing). I can only connect my LAPTOP to Desktop by a external modem/Router/Hub etc because in desktop i don't have lan card. Please provide me the details of procedure if possible. I can also post the screenshot of modem configuration page if required. :confused:

Thanks for the help. It worked nicely. Though the transfer rate was slow {because modem only support 10 Mbps} but it worked.:yahoo:

Confirmed, I can use both laptop and Desktop to share data between them locally (Not internet coz. i didn't tried ) with the help of C2110 Broadband Router. I had to turn off firewall on both the PC to achieve what i wanted. :thumbsup:

"Not internet coz. i didn't try." Please give feedback , when you try.I could use both computers( desktop/laptop) same time on internet long back, but now a doubt has come whether it is possible.

Back