Smb , dlna completely stopped working on the new nokia gpon router

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 70865
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2,887
On the nighthawk in there internet section it asks "does your internet connection require a login"

I've checked no checkbox.

Should i try to put my airtel id and pass there?
Yes, you will need to connect the cable from ONT to WAN Port of Netgear (not LAN) and use PPPoE (I think thats what Netgear means by requiring login)

@JB701 wont that introduce double nat?

I had a lan to lan connection with the previous beetle 777 modem without smb issues can't i just do that with the Nokia?

Nope, the PPPoE connection you do on Netgear is directly with Airtel ignoring ONT.

It will only be double NAT, if you connect LAN from ONT (not in bridge) to WAN on Netgear and use DHCP (DHCP will give you a IP Address from the ONT which is doing PPPoE with Airtel) creating double NAT.

When you connect the Beetle modem to Netgear LAN, you are having Beetle handle routing and NAT. Your Netgear router is far more powerful and you should have it do routing, NAT etc.

I don't know that, perhaps someone on Airtel here knows?

Usually what I do is use inspect element to find the password from ONT. This works on routers where passwords aren't shown on UI encrypted, you can just use Inspect Element and change Text field type from "password" to "text."

@JB701 trying to use This thread to work out the bridge mode but all the setting they want me to change in the Nokia router are greyed out.

don't see any solution yet just want my normal router as an extender with smb working.:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
You should contact Airtel and ask to be honest.

I would highly recommend asking them how to do bridge mode though because then you aren't dependant on ISP equipment for routing.

Last edited:
Well bridge mode doesn't work back to the old setup for now.

Back