• Thread starter Thread starter Sher
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,646

Sher

Regular
ISP
MTNL
how does one upgrade the software in the digicomp. do we have to take it to the dealer to upgrade it? may in future TS will upgrades its software, any idea?

You don't need to do anything. It happens automatically as and when updates are available (as long as the box is on standby at night).

Gregory, Do you have any idea if the Digicomp is not on standby mode at the time of TS upgrade then does the upgrade happen automatically when we swtich it on?

The update happens automatically when you switch on the box, if you switch it off in the first place. But I have not switched off my box in quite some time (leaving power cuts aside). It is on standby at night and that is when the updates usually take place.

Gregory, Do you have any idea if the Digicomp is not on standby mode at the time of TS upgrade then does the upgrade happen automatically when we swtich it on?

I am also not too sure of this. But logically it must be there since its not possible that each and every STB will be in stand by mode. Somebody may be out of station for a couple of days and STB may be off. I also switch off the STB everytime if I don't intend to use it for a couple of hours.

I don't know if you have seen an update taking place. The process is similar to flashing the bios. The box will reboot and a progress bar will run for some time. Once the update is done, the first channel will pop up. I would rather leave the box in standby and have the update already done rather than see it happen when I switch it on.

damn what will happen if we switch it off, between upgrades.
Don't worry, it will be upgraded when you switch on the next time. You may have wait for a couple of minutes more for the video.

when there is an software update it happens automatically only thing for a few secs there is no video feed,no need to panic if your stb is switched off,so when you turn it on you will get updated

I think they must be using transactions (ACID principle). If an update is not completed, it is rolled back, and tried again. My opinion. Why don't the bios manufacturers adopt that?

Back