• Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3,551

GadgetGuru12

Regular
ISP
BSNL Home 1800
Hi..

Here is my setup..

The BSNL modem's LAN 1 is connected to the iMac.

It all works fine.

But as soon as I switch on any of the windows PC on the both sides, the modem gets crazy and the whole line gets unstable.
Like the internet starts going on and off continuously.

I dont understand, what is the reason.
Is windows system emitting some radio signal or seducing the modem to go crazy ?

Dont know, what is it..
Anyone ?

1. Is the modem's adapter connected to the same line as Windows PCs ? Try another socket and check. 2. Make a stand (a box will do) and elevate the modem to a bit higher level and check.

yes..All connected to the same source.My room has 1 output and from that one output, I have done , ONE > MANY!

Hi..I had the ADSL2+ modem, Terracom Modem connected and the Upstream Attenuation was sticking ro 47.5dB .After complaining for 1000 times also, its not solved yet.The SDO says, the line pair has been changed , but I dont see any change.Today, I just took out my old modem, the Terracom white modem without wifi one and the Line Attenuation is now showing 42.5dB.So, an improvement.Howcome ?Well, I need somewhere near 30dB to have a stable line with 8mbps, but till now, I have paid the mbps bill 2 times, but Im getting 2-3 mbps always.Not more than that.Modem panel shows 81000kbps or more always.But Speedtest doesnt exceed 2.5mbps also :(So, where am I going wrong ?BSNL is not going to fix it, as I have wasted 1000 in calling them and Im really tired.Whats the ultimate solution ?

There is surely some problem in the line. if you can't get solution i will suggest you to approach consumer forum. First write an application stating your complaint and send it Bsnl office via registered post. don't forget to keep the receipt of registered post and a copy of letter. first of all, contact the consumer forum at 1800114000 and follow them up on the matter. Bsnl officials will be forced to resolve your problem.

Hi..One thing I noticed just now.When PCs are switched on, the modem doesnt go crazy.But as soon as I connect the rj-45 cables to the modem's ports, the link goes off and on.So, starts the blunder.So, is there something conflicting or what ?Im totally blank, damn it.

Back