Something weird is going on my home...

• Thread starter Thread starter GadgetGuru12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3,551
Its all good.Just has BSNL recommends.Phone Line > box > DSL and PHONE from the box.

Looks like there is earth leak on the power supply or the UPS of your computers. check with a line tester if your cabinet of CPU is live. Also check that that the Line and Neutral connections of your home is not reversed.

If you are having wifi modem then try using internet on wifi with all RJ-45 cables removed. So, we can make sure where the problem really is.If there is no problem using it on wifi, then there is either no ground wiring or is faulty....

Ther is no problem with wifi.Only problem occurs, when I plug the RJ-45 cable into the modem's ethernet port.And few months back, when I came to this new house, I saw the N and L was reversed in the wiring.Kicked the electrician's a$$ and he did something and said its fixed.Not sure, if still that problem is there, as my tester shows fine now.Ealier , when switched off also, the L had current.

try testing for current at the back of CPU at screws.....

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Are You using an extension Cable or Something like that from Wall Socket To the PC

yes, a very very complex connection, I have done for the PCs and the imac.Only the iMac is connected to 2nd stage, but PC is connected to 4th stage of my connection.And I just touched the tester on the CPU back body, its glowing :OSo, what does that mean ?

Im not sure if the lack of earthing is causing the problem.Have you checked all the 3 or 4 cat5 cables? There might be a crimping error.Do the test in sequence:1) Connect PC1 to modem and check if OK2) If it is OK, then add PC2 to modem and check if everything is OK3) If the problem appears, remove PC2 and add PC3 and see if that solves your problem.Regarding SNR ratios... Do not depend on them. The SNR ratio shows a different rate on different modems.I have a SNR down ratio of 35db. My attainable rate in always more than 20mbps.If your attainable rate is just 5mbps then either you are too far away from your exchange... or there is surely something wrong with the telephone wire reaching your house. It will be hard to compel the BSNL-wallahs to change the wire. Meet the divisional engineer. Maybe some chai-pani will do the trick.

Hey Brother, Firstly check that do you have grounded wiring in your house or not???If not then you have to call an electrician and get it done. If you have ground wiring in the house then the problem is in the extension cables you are using....

hi friend remove all cables RJ-45 cables and power cables take a earbud and after shave lotion dip the bud just clean the cable ports discount all power it is must and after cleaning dry it for 10 mins near fan make sure all of them are dry connet the cable and cheak

Back