Sprint knows what unlimited means... Airtel does not.

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 6,798
Really? You call having more International capacity than Tata and Reliance combined (over 20Tbit/s) limited?

I don;t know what capacity they have for sure, but I fail to understand if they have bandwidth which is lying idle why they are not giving it to users ?

Why would some one don't want to sell something sellable and lying idle in their hand... Probably decision makers in Airtel Broadband does not know what users want, which is highly improbable....

Let us take my example, I use around 100-120 Gb of Data per month, doesn't matter you give me 512kbps or 5 mbps, my data usage will not change significantly ...

Now airtel can easily launch a paln with 100Gb or 200GB cap for 2000/3000 rs but they are not caring for users like me ? Why if they have the bandwidth and capacity why not sell it to me instead of making me unhappy...

Frankly if they do that I might never discovered this forum and I might not be writing this post and might be using more than 200Gb presently and paying more to them....

So ultimate golden question is why they are not selling something which they have and we want ????

^ because they are penny wise and pound foolish. That's my best guess. I am not a person with the right kind of technical understanding - I don't know if it's because activating the unlit fibre makes them incur a cost. But I differ with you - I do not presume that they know what users want. The evidence is to the contrary. Airtel was at a brilliant position where more than their silly ads it was tech savvy users like us who would tell our friends, family, neighbours etc. to choose Airtel without any hesitation. Their combination of excellent uptime, good customer service, good speeds and the erstwhile truly unlimited plans were more than enough for me, for example, to recommend Airtel to everyone I know. Now this b*****dization and perversity called "fair usage policy' has put such a bitter taste in my mouth, that I don't recommend them to anyone at all. I tell people to first try MTNL, and if and only if they have a terrible experience with them and other ISPs then to go for Airtel.See, the average Indian customer is not a discerning one. People largely eat what you feed them. If cineplexes show only Garfield 1, 2 and 3 for a whole month, people will still go and see that nonsense. Similarly if you offer people 4 Mbps plans with 100MB caps on them, people will get those. But if you decide "hey, we are going to be a company that is know for its innovation and for revolutionalizing the industry" and offered 8 Mbps plans 'truly' unlimited, people would subscribe to that also. At the end of the day these same people armed with better connections would slowly become more and more proficient and avid users of the internet, which would lead to a spike in e-commerce and other related services, and really would be a win-win situation for all.But - penny wise, pound foolish.

I've been saying this for ages.One thing also is that certain providers have the attitude of "why give a residential user more than 1mbit/s"?They think that the 5+mbit/s market doesn't exist... but at the prices they charge for anything over 4mbit/s (putting aside the FUPs for a minute), I'm not surprised that their high-speed plans haven't been popular!!

I've been saying this for ages.

One thing also is that certain providers have the attitude of "why give a residential user more than 1mbit/s"?

They think that the 5+mbit/s market doesn't exist... but at the prices they charge for anything over 4mbit/s (putting aside the FUPs for a minute), I'm not surprised that their high-speed plans haven't been popular!!
But unfortunately, even if we try to tell them, nobody listens (or wants to listen) to us.

But unfortunately, even if we try to tell them, nobody listens (or wants to listen) to us.

That's what exactly the point is... They know that there is a set of home users who need more speed and more bandwidth but they are not willing to provide it or listen to our demands...

Take another situation, I work for a multinational Software company and someday I want to work from home, for that I need high speed and lot of data usage... so why not cater the need of such users... It is partially commercial usage of internet but still it can not be categorized in business use, it will remain residential usage... All over the world it is treated as residential usage...

If they want they can launch these plans as Residential business users plan... Charge me 3000 rs give me 200GB - 300 GB cap and give me a speed of anywhere between 2-5 mbps, I am sure there will be lot of users who want to take such plans at least in metros YES...

But they are putting ridiculous cap of 10-15 GB for their high speed plans, which is insane...

Back