Star renames its sports channels to Star Sports 1, Star Sports 2, Star Sports 3, Star Sports 4, Star

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 48,722
They have changed their existing 4 SD channels and 2 HD Channels with new logo....every thing else remains the same....
Probably in STar Cricket HD they might be airing more live contents apart from cricket....
By the way this new logo is large and also it sucks....

Well, they are not launching any new channel. Just renaming. Also HD channels are not going to have much unique content - So, its just 4 channels. Plus they intend to have a dedicated Hindi feed, if I understand correctly for Cricket & other sports - So yeah, basically just 3 channels like before. The worrying part is that they may rotate the content across channels to force subscribers as I mentioned.

Yes, even I didnt like there new logo! Its too big on the screen.

What a huge ass logo. Who designs these and more importantly who approves of them?
If your logo occupies 10% of screen, then it's a FAIL. (Hope the logo is in SD, they will realize their mistake and correct it soon)

I hope when we hit full digitisation, we will have one channel one program concept with the ability to change language settings. It sucks to have two channels beaming the same match in different languages.

But more channels same content means more money!

sanke1 said:
If your logo occupies 10% of screen, then it's a FAIL. (Hope the logo is in SD, they will realize their mistake and correct it soon)
Hopefully, its just to catch your eyeballs while its new. And it'll be back to normal soon.
chromaniac said:
But more channels same content means more money!
Yes, but its irritating.

I want to watch the match in Tamil now... Kris Srikkanth, Sivaramakrishanan, Murali Karthik doing commentary... Please launch a Tamil channel too :pleasantry:

Instead of a star image they could have put it simply as text like star sports1, star sports2, star sports3, etc.That would have been subtle and elegant.

They could have gone with the similar logo of Sky Sports....this logo i believe when Star was launched in India...it came with the same color and logo....

Back