Static IP changed, now heavy latencies.

• Thread starter Thread starter D@rekills4
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,720
How do you measure latency?
If you have breaking(unstable) connectivity from your provider or poor service from your ISP, you can not get better performance.

Let me give you an example.
You want to pump water through a pipe to your neighbor but that pipe which is connected to your neighbor has got punctured but you are able to send water. Definitely, there will be leakage. There is no way to send water with out leakage because water flowing through the pipe has a problem. In a similar way, the requests are going from you to Google DNS server through your ISP network having problem which is offering high latency.
There is not solution whether you connect yourself to Google DNS, Ultra DNS or Open DNS.
Nothing is gonna work but yeah, if you find a way which is clear having low latency like BSNL server or any proxy server to which you are getting less ping time and fast speed. Then situation can be changed.

You can complain to officials about high latency. I think as per TRAI rules, ISP network should not give more than 150ms to any server(or may be to any Indian ip) said to me when I called to D-Link support.

----------

I do not think TRAI has above kind of norms. If it is, no body is following.

Thanks for this reply.
Quite helpful :)

I was telling the latency I get to the Molten-WoW servers which is currently hosted in US.
But while I was using BSNL DNS, I got latency around 280 which is quite bearable.
But BSNL messed some things up cause of which I had to switch to Google DNS, which is not bad but the latency to the Molten-WoW server increases to 380 which is quite high for WoW and I keep sucking at the game cause of this.

Thanks for this reply.
Quite helpful :)

I was telling the latency I get to the Molten-WoW servers which is currently hosted in US.
But while I was using BSNL DNS, I got latency around 280 which is quite bearable.
But BSNL messed some things up cause of which I had to switch to Google DNS, which is not bad but the latency to the Molten-WoW server increases to 380 which is quite high for WoW and I keep sucking at the game cause of this.

Have you tried it through Google Open DNS and also Ultra DNS is helpful. They are giving me better ping time. Google gives me around 15-25ms.

Have you tried it through Google Open DNS and also Ultra DNS is helpful. They are giving me better ping time. Google gives me around 15-25ms.

Yes...
The BSNL DNS used to give me a perfect latency until something went wrong with it....
And the Google DNS give me 100+ latency than what the BSNL DNS used to give me before it got messed up....
At the moment I am using Google DNS....

Back