Story of my attempt to pay Dish TV subscription charge

• Thread starter Thread starter rameshk74
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 12,637

rameshk74

ISP
BSNL
Day 1: My subscription is expired and I have to renew it today. As I always prefer to make online payment, I went to Dishtv website and choose Credit Card payment option. After entering the number and submitting I get an error 'Invalid Merchant ID'. Well, I did not take it seriously and tried again to make the payment. Now I got a message saying something like my previous transaction is pending and I have to wait 24 hours before trying again. I left with the question of whether the transaction has occured and the amount was debited or not.Day 2: I got confirmation from my Credit Card company that there was no debit on my CC. I tried to make the payment again by clicking the same option. This time I got the error 'Database connection error' even before entering the CC number. Second attempt again lead to a message saying that I have to wait 24 hours before making next attempt.Day 3 : I was already on grace period and few channels started disappearing from the list. My third attempt again lead to another error 'Invalid syntax near ='. As usual, I could not make retries. I have to wait another 24 hoursDay 4 - 6 : The same error occurs.Day 7: I gave up and wanted to try some other payment method. Second option they have given was using an 'ITZ card'. I have never used it and I wanted to give it a try. ( ITZ card is also from the house of Zee entertainment!!) Went to ITZ cash card site and called the number which is advertised on the home page to make a home delivery of the card. Alas! The number does not work. There was no response.Day 8: I tried the same number again. It does not seem to exist. I went to their website again and clicked on the link which allows me to locate the nearest dealer of ITZ card. Guess what...404 error. The webpage does not exist.Day 9: Tried the credit card payment again. But no luck. The error is related to database. Called the customer care and reported the problems. They did not take it seriously and said it may be some technical problem. Are they nuts??...unsolved technical problem for more than 7 days and that is with the online payment??. They suggested using Easybill. Day 10: Went to an easybill outlet which is two 5 kms away from me and made payment. Day 12: The payment was accounted and the channels were activated 2 days after making the payment. Am I a happy Dish tv customer?? Tell me guys. Really how are you making the payments?

i would be required to make a payment in december this year and i am planning to check with the dealer the safest way to make a payment. i had like him to send a dude to my place to recharge my connection. if that's not possible... i am not sure.i also plan to recharge for 3 months at least... don't want monthly hassles with this kind of hassle based recharge.i do not have much trust in tata indicom too but their online payments for post paid connections has worked perfectly for me everytime... so that rocks.i face hassles renewing my sify connection. a process which was VERY BUGGY. thank god i am off them.as for my airtel broadband connection. i go to the billing counter and pay using my credit card. no problems there as well...

Wow! What a nightmare! Tata Sky is way better. Just buy a scratch card (home delivered for free by the shopkeeper), dial the cc number and type in the code. You get the 'charged' alert in about 15 minutes - 3 hours.

this is just the begining... i dont know whats coming up for me... i bought my dishtv on 20th august with 6months free subscription
it was an horrible experience, i can imagine how u might had been feeling then.
Dishtv needs to improve a lot right from their website to the customer care

Day 1:
My subscription is expired and I have to renew it today. As I always prefer to make online payment, I went to Dishtv website and choose Credit Card payment option. After entering the number and submitting I get an error 'Invalid Merchant ID'.
Well, I did not take it seriously and tried again to make the payment. Now I got a message saying something like my previous transaction is pending and I have to wait 24 hours before trying again. I left with the question of whether the transaction has occured and the amount was debited or not.
Day 2:
I got confirmation from my Credit Card company that there was no debit on my CC. I tried to make the payment again by clicking the same option. This time I got the error 'Database connection error' even before entering the CC number.
Second attempt again lead to a message saying that I have to wait 24 hours before making next attempt.
Day 3 :
I was already on grace period and few channels started disappearing from the list. My third attempt again lead to another error 'Invalid syntax near ='. As usual, I could not make retries. I have to wait another 24 hours
Day 4 - 6 :
The same error occurs.
Day 7:
I gave up and wanted to try some other payment method. Second option they have given was using an 'ITZ card'. I have never used it and I wanted to give it a try. ( ITZ card is also from the house of Zee entertainment!!)
ent to ITZ cash card site and called the number which is advertised on the home page to make a home delivery of the card. Alas! The number does not work. There was no response.
Day 8:
I tried the same number again. It does not seem to exist. I went to their website again and clicked on the link which allows me to locate the nearest dealer of ITZ card. Guess what...404 error. The webpage does not exist.
Day 9:
Tried the credit card payment again. But no luck. The error is related to database.
Called the customer care and reported the problems. They did not take it seriously and said it may be some technical problem. Are they nuts??...unsolved technical problem for more than 7 days and that is with the online payment??.
They suggested using Easybill.
Day 10:
Went to an easybill outlet which is two 5 kms away from me and made payment.
Day 12:
The payment was accounted and the channels were activated 2 days after making the payment.
Am I a happy Dish tv customer??
Tell me guys. Really how are you making the payments?
well dear,
That 's trully painful and horrible experience for you....but i can't say any thing in that as long time back i have made it through website...since then i have not done any renewal.....so i canot comment on this..but next month my renewal is due i try this time ..

Back