Strange problem with BSNL DateOne and DLink GLB 502T ADSL Modem

• Thread starter Thread starter MonojitS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,579

MonojitS

ISP
BSNL DataOne
Hi all,I have been facing a strange issue with my BSNL DataOne connection recently (1 month).The ADSL line keep blinking and I am loosing connection every 30 secs. The connection is establishing but in 30 secs it disconnects.I initially thought that th line has a problem so I complained to BSNL, the line man checked the line and said everything is ok.When I dial 172222 and use the dial up service of BSNL and then connect the Braodband, the ADSL link does not drop.I took my modem to the DLkink Service centre and the confirmed that the modem is working fine.I took the modem to my friends house who also uses BSNL DataOne and the modem worked fine. I brought his modem and used it on my line and it worked fine. The net did not disconnect.I am using D-Link GLB 502T Modem.My BSNL DataOne plan is Home Unltd 750.Can you pls help me what is wrong here.

When I dial 172222 and use the dial up service of BSNL and then connect the Braodband, the ADSL link does not drop
This is same as dialing any other phone number.

Do you have Sancharnet dialup Plan ?

172222 is dialup service and cannot be called Broadband.
Download limited to 2 KB/sec to max 8 KB/sec.
Using a 56K fax/voice/modem.
simple RJ11 connection to computer.
User ID aND password also different.
Use this as standby.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/sumeetindia/router%20tutorial/glb502tdataoneconfiguration00008.jpg

If you are using a Dialer change in this page to PPPoA/pppOE
and enter your user name PW in wanpage
apply Save reboot.
Try again.

3.Your phones: see this diagram. No phone to be
connected to Phone Junction Directly in any room
Use addition BSNL adsl splitters only for Phones .
http://i25.tinypic.com/raq2x3.jpg

Hi there, I am having 750 UL plan,even I have the same problem. I use D-Link modem and daily I am facing this problem since past one month, my adsl light always blinks and some times it switches off and I am not able to use internet at that time. Even the download speeds got reduced. Can any one help me out?

@avi_nash
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
Please see this link.
D
h t t p://www.D-Link.co.in/GLB502T_Guide_modified/index.htm#Troubleshooting
You have to /upload and post the link
for screen shot of the modem page containing
SNR Attn Line rate Mod selected page.
Probably connection status page.

This is same as dialing any other phone number.

Do you have Sancharnet dialup Plan ?

172222 is dialup service and cannot be called Broadband.
Download limited to 2 KB/sec to max 8 KB/sec.
Using a 56K fax/voice/modem.
simple RJ11 connection to computer.
User ID aND password also different.
Use this as standby.

NO I HAVE BSNL DATA ONE BROADBAND, SINCE THE BRAODBAND WAS NOT WORKING I DIALLED 172222 FOR USING INTERNET THRU DIAL UP MODEM. SUDDENLY WHEN I CONNECTED BRAODBAND IT WORKED AND THE LINK WAS STATIC.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/sumeetindia/router%20tutorial/glb502tdataoneconfiguration00008.jpg

If you are using a Dialer change in this page to PPPoA/pppOE
and enter your user name PW in wanpage
apply Save reboot.
Try again.

WILL TRY THIS

3.Your phones: see this diagram. No phone to be
connected to Phone Junction Directly in any room
Use addition BSNL adsl splitters only for Phones .
http://i25.tinypic.com/raq2x3.jpg

I AM AWARE OF THIS SIR.

Thanks for your feedback but but does not help much

As far as I know the problem which MonojitS has with his modem is a power supply problem. I too face it now and then, some times it lasts for 2-3 hrs. As soon as the ADSL LED gets stable, the DATA lamp goes on flickering for few seconds, and ADSL lamp goes off. When I was facing this problem, I tried using a different brand new modem, it too showed same error. What made me feel sure that it is a power problem is that I used my router with a home UPS (with outside power cable taken off from the UPS), and the router worked perfectly well.

Back