Stuck at connecting through wan miniport. Kindly help

• Thread starter Thread starter Shashank41
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 6,257

Shashank41

ISP
Bsnl
I was up surfing at 6 in the morning when my net got disconnected suddenly. I use the bridge mode to connect through the ut300 r2u modem. Now since then i am stuck at connecting through wan mini port. I tried to hook up the pppoe connection via the config panel using first my default ip address and the dns 218.248.255.194 and 218.248.255.162 and the default gateway.didnt work.then i changed dns to 208.67.220 and 208.67.222.222 with default settings for gateway and ip.still didnt work.so i reverted to the dialer and have been getting error 678 the remote computer didnt respond.my snr margin is 31.3 down and up is 20.3 . I used to get low or on connectivity before also in the lan but the dialer worked fine.attenuation is 20.0 down and 8.7 up .mode is adsl2+.vpi vci 0-35 .kindly suggest what to do

The problem is that when i connect using my pas and user id ,the progress gets stalled at the point where the mesg cnctng thru wan mini port is displayed. The connection is not progressing further. An error is displayed error 678 the remote computer did not respond . Is this a fault with my end system or a problem with the line please help

Broadband connections

If you have a broadband connection and are getting this error,
it generally means that your TCP/IP stack is corrupted
and needs to be restored. There are a few things to try:

# First and foremost, restart your computer,
and wait until all applications and services are
finished loading before trying your connection again.

# If you have Windows XP
you can use the "netsh" command to reset your tcp/ip interfaces.
Click "Start" then select "Run".
In the box that appears, type "cmd" and click the "OK" button.
When the command window appears,
type "netsh interface ip reset log.txt"
and hit the enter button.
You can now type "exit" in the command window,
and hit the enter button.

Restart your computer and try again.

# If the above solutions do not solve your problem,
reinstall your adapter drivers, or tcp/ip drivers.

congrats. confirm you tried ""netsh command or simply restarted the computer.You can also click the "scale icon" against my post.

i missed this lesson.
wl try.
tks ssb

Back