• Thread starter Thread starter meaculpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 38,361

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
My budget is about 10k. Would like a USB port - line in would also do but prefer USB port...

I will mostly be listening to songs from my MP3 player. So my reading is that I can do with a kam-chalau deck but would like really good speakers...

Car is an Alto.

Oops! Should I have posted this in the automotive forum?

Found this
https://broadband.forum/automotive-forum/5624-best-car-audio/

But I guess it does not answer my question...as I need a budget option.

if u want a dhichuk dhichuk system, then 10K is not at all enough...otherwise, 10K is a decent deal...you can get Sony explode systems in around 7K and in 3K you'll get best of the speakers...no woofer, no amp, no tweeters can be added with that budget...

I checked out Xplod but you're right, the systems below 10k sound god-awful. What will a lower end pair of Alpine speakers cost? Will I get them at round about 10k. I can then push the budget a bit and take a compatible cheap deck.Am I right in assuming that the speakers matter more than the deck and I should allocate more money for them?

I suggest that:1. You listen to system yourself [with songs that you normally listen not the ones that make a system sound good]2. Don't worry about USB, buy a FM tranmittor foryour IPOd.

Yeah, I always take my own songs/ CDs. About the FM transmitter - I don't have an IPod, I have an IRiver H320. Not sure if it is compatible with Belkin or any other FM transmitter..need to check that out.

Or probably even FM is overkill. Car audio systems should have a simple line-in. Don't think it will cost too much to add.

i would suggest a pioneer system and speakers which would cost rs 9.5k and sound pretty decent but not very good . if u can stretch your budget a bit then get a blaupunkt bass tube which would sound fine . i dont think you need amps an tweeters in an alto , they wont make much of a difference in the sound qualityAlso you dont need a USB connector it has a AUXIAL port with a 3.5 mm jack so connect one end into the system and one into your iriver (it must be having a 3.5mm jack) and play songs from it USB connections are for advanced features like controlling your deck from your Ipod blah blah (all useless) Aux would do fine for you

cool. will check out pioneer. Thanks!One more question - does aux in give a decent sound output? Or is USB better? the guy in the Sony showroom told me USB gives better sound...

Well USB gives you better sound * if u have a merc* if u have harman/kardon or bose speakers* or if u are an audiophile For normal listening you cant even tell the differencei am one of those ppl who listen to very loud music in the car but the quality through aux still seems pretty decent

the guy in the Sony showroom told me USB gives better sound...

He was simply trying to upsell.

Back