Suggest a good car audio system

• Thread starter Thread starter meaculpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 38,361
ya I should have guessed!

One more question - does aux in give a decent sound output? Or is USB better? the guy in the Sony showroom told me USB gives better sound...
Offhand, I doubt that there is any noticeable difference, perhaps even with a high end system.

2. Don't worry about USB, buy a FM tranmittor foryour IPOd.

The iTrip is a svelte solution for ipods, but even then Aux-In would be better as the iTrip is prone to interference and drops in quality as well as static. As for the rest of the world who don't own a ipod, but a player from another company, fm transmitters suck because you will have to carry and depend upon an extra set of batteries for the transmitter (or have a car lighter adaptor) and on top of that you would have to juggle two devices in your car - not cool. With Aux In you just have to have an extra 1/8" wire (inexpensive) which you can just keep in your car (and as a plus you can attach almost any device that plays music including some cell phones) - definitely the best solution by far.

Try Blaupunkt - they seem to have the Aux-In option in most (if not all) of their head units. The only thing is that I have no idea of their price, which may be higher than your budget.

You may check out this thread on another forum I started for an ICE (In Car Entertainment) system for Altos.

i havent seen usb systems support players other than ipod

The Sony USB system demo I saw was off a pen drive.

exactly!buy a cheap USB drive. and use it as the source of music on ur car's system. should be cheap but it is not.

hey ppl .. m lookin for a good audio system for esteem. please help me with it. my budget is 15- 20k. The acoustics should be good ie; clarity shud be there in sound.i have heard blaupunkt systems are good too. Haven't really heard good car audio systems which produces clear sound with the required sound effects.

Back