Suggestions and Help for a good Tata Broadband Plan Post Paid or Prepaid Please !!

• Thread starter Thread starter GABRIEL36
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,470
Status
Not open for further replies.

GABRIEL36

ISP
DIALUP
Dear Sandy84, NetFreak, and Friends, Greetings. I am urgently looking out for any help as regards a good Tata Broadband Plan as no one in my immediate neighborhood has Tata BB. I plan to end my MTNL Triband Connection soon as it has caused numerous headaches and has been of no use despite letters, emails, and meeting in person with the authorities concerned. Besides, I have had Billing Problems with two Triband Plans in the recent past at least 3 times if not more. Most of them have MTNL and many of them are getting frequently disconnected. I am looking out for some urgent help as regards Tata BB whether Postpaid preferably or Prepaid !! Can anyone help Please !! I also need to know details of specific Tata Time Based and Volume Plans and their Pros and Cons whether Prepaid or Postpaid !! Thanking you in Advance,

Dear Friends Sandy 84, Netfreak, and anyone else, I desperately need your help out here. There is no one in my neighborhood who has Tata Broadband that is why i have posted this thread and this post too. I need to know asap whether i should go in for a "Time Based Plan or a Volume Based Plan" and whether it should be a Post Paid or Prepaid Plan !! I am getting no where with MTNL and their pathetic speeds. Can someone spare the time "PLEASE" to give me the specifics and pros and cons on these Plans either on the "Forum or via Private Messaging". I do not want another mess like i am currently having with MTNL Thanking you in advance for your time,

Replacing MTNL with TATA ...haha its funny as MTNL is suppose to be 3 times better then TATA. I have both MTNL and tata and I favour MTNL by a lot. But if you still have made up your mind then here you go.... > Postpaid you get STATIC IP so if you are a regular downloader from link-removed or similar types its not a good idea to take post paid as those sites restrict you to download fixed data per ip. > In prepaid there is no option to pay for just 1 month for unlimted plans so one has to pay them 3 months in advance everytime atleast. Thats the reason I took postpiad I would rather pay them after using it. >They will give u a crappy router with both connection so it doesnt really matter. >Prepiad is probably little cheaper. Dont u have airtel in your area? changing from mtnl to tata is like going to hell!!

Replacing MTNL with TATA ...haha its funny as MTNL is suppose to be 3 times better then TATA. I have both MTNL and tata and I favour MTNL by a lot.

But if you still have made up your mind then here you go....

> Postpaid you get STATIC IP so if you are a regular downloader from link-removed or similar types its not a good idea to take post paid as those sites restrict you to download fixed data per ip.

> In prepaid there is no option to pay for just 1 month for unlimted plans so one has to pay them 3 months in advance everytime atleast. Thats the reason I took postpiad I would rather pay them after using it.

>They will give u a crappy router with both connection so it doesnt really matter.

>Prepiad is probably little cheaper.

Dont u have airtel in your area? changing from mtnl to tata is like going to hell!!

Genexed,

I am currently in "The Worst Hell Possible with MTNL in Mumbai" that is why i wish to change.

I get crappy and pathetic speeds of 17.0 KBS/Sec while downloading from File Factory, A Maximum of 26.0 KBS/sec and a Minimum of 20 KBS/sec while downloading from link-removed for the last 6 Months !!

Besides, I have been getting "Frequently Disconnected" with my MTNL Triband Connection with a Plan i ended on the 30th of November 2007 namely DSL 2399 and now DSL 599.

Take a look at these links, and you will have a better understanding of my problems.

https://broadband.forum/mtnl-triband-broadband/19680-pathetic-speeds-results-triband-plans/

https://broadband.forum/mtnl-triband-broadband/16318-massive-download-speed-problems-triband-i-need-good-reliable-alternative/

https://broadband.forum/broadband-india/17331-please-advise-regarding-good-broadband-provider/

Finally, AirTel is not available in my immediate area -- it is currently available only in 13 areas in Mumbai which does not include my Area/Neighborhood.

I believe that Tata is not all that crappy as is being made out on Forums and on the Internet.

Take a look at my case, i have been overcharged 3-4 times at least under two different plans.

Once MTNL charged me 13,000 a year back when i had the very first Triband Plan DSL 249 and the actual bill was only 4,200 -- it took much persuasion from me and a Blood Relative who has some influence to cancel that bill.

Again after, 2 months they charged me 9,000 under DSL Plan 2399 when the bill really only came to 3,800. It took more than a Month to persuade them that they had wrongly charged me or overcharged me.

I wish someone or an "Ombudsman" would take up my case with MTNL instead of making comments to the effect that they are 3 times better than Tata.

I have had horrendous experiences with MTNL in Mumbai for more than a year under 3 different plans.

Perhaps, I should take a Cat 5 Cable Connection as suggested by Power in another thread posted by me if i go in for Tata and not DSL. I will consult others on the forum in the meanwhile or by Private Messaging.

I don't think things can get any worse for me than they already are !!

P.S. -- I have been suffering from terrrible downtime under DSL 2399 as well as most recently under DSL 599 from the 1st of December.

HI
Please anyone don't get any tata indicom connection. I have tata indicom prepaid connection but when i shifted my flat.. they are not ready to shift my connection.
A consultant come on my my home and he was saying one port is avaliable but this is for new connection. I fight a lot with management but i am helpless because they have only one answer " Due to technical reason this is not feasible." we can't fight on the basis of this reason.. i have lost my 1600 rs.

Please don't take tata indicom..

Regards,
Adarsh

Dear Sandy84, NetFreak, and Friends,

Greetings.

I am urgently looking out for any help as regards a good Tata Broadband Plan as no one in my immediate neighborhood has Tata BB.

I plan to end my MTNL Triband Connection soon as it has caused numerous headaches and has been of no use despite letters, emails, and meeting in person with the authorities concerned.

Besides, I have had Billing Problems with two Triband Plans in the recent past at least 3 times if not more.

Most of them have MTNL and many of them are getting frequently disconnected.

I am looking out for some urgent help as regards Tata BB whether Postpaid preferably or Prepaid !!

Can anyone help Please !!

I also need to know details of specific Tata Time Based and Volume Plans and their Pros and Cons whether Prepaid or Postpaid !!

Thanking you in Advance,

i have both triband and tata. i have the 512kbps unlimited from tata and the 200p (400mb/mth) from mtnl.i have had no major problems with tata that other people talk of, but it seems the problems are sometimes area specific. here its 7star that takes care of all the problems, and i have to say they're very prompt, but many people seem to have issues with tata so its buyer beware.i used to only have mtnl before, but was desperate for an unlimited connection so i got tata, and have kept triband as a backup, esp since now if you cancel the connection u might never get it back.where in mumbai are u?

same here .....i had 7star connection but applied for tata coz 7star doesnt provide addon services like tata and never faced any problem.

tata tookover 7star but still my ip wasnt changed and thy didnt provide me with any tata quick power plans ....only option i had was unlimited plans which is same for both tata and 7star

what is ur plan? is it still controlled by 7star? for me they changed my plan and were forcing me to buy the plan they offer. but i didnt and simply stopped connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back