suggestions please

• Thread starter Thread starter target_13
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,489

target_13

ISP
bsnl
hello guys i am using UL 900 plan for more than 1 yr and getting constant speed above 256kbps. but recently i bought a Netgear router for my laptop. i got great speed the very first day..but from the next day onwards if i try to download something , the speed doesnt go above 13.2 KBps. i dont know whats going on. even though surfing is fine. is it because of the router? any suggestions would be appreciated.

it might be the undersea cable cut.some times torrent downloads are slow but some others are fast.i just now downloaded fedora 9 alpha torrent it was at full speed...

vishal and ess thanks for replying. 1. i am using mt882 huwaei provided by bsnl. 2. i am not sure about the model but it might be WGR614v7.3. its always on mode since i just have to provide the passkey to the router. it doesnt ask me for the bsnl password. and now even bad thing is that i tried gave it a new password and since then its just not connecting again. i tried resetting the router and when i try to reinstall it through the cd it asks me for a login id and password which should be default given by Netgear (admin /password) but even on fresh installation it works only after giving my own password. this is ****in wierd guys. anyways...you know more abt it than me. how do i uninstall it now !!!?

eh , i found the solution , just had to press the reset button lol:P. and about the router speed its better today so it might be the cable issue. thanks.

Back