Laptop Suggestions Please :)

I don't think AMD laptops are battery friendly. Also the company is in a mess now. The advantage they had in the earlier years over Intel isn't there anymore and Intel makes almost similar stuff with the advantage of backing from a much larger network.

AMD Battery unfreindly? NO!
I bought my first ever AMD Fusion laptop 15.6" with new C50 fusion dual core processor. @Rs 17700 in oct'11.
Asus X53U series. (with out os,2GB DDR3,320 Gb HDD)
I added extra 2Gb RAM and installed win 7 ultimate 64bit. Battery minimum 4 hours and up to 5 hours for normal use.

Regarding Intel based laptops ,
I also bought in Dec'11-LENOVO Core I3 with out os (500GB HDD,2 GB RAM)around Rs 23k
same win7 ultimate and extra 4gb ram. working like a charm.:bashful: battery 4 hours min.

I can suggest you netbook if you can consider it as an option in place of laptop. I've been using an Intel processor netbook for a time long enough to safely & very confidently say that netbooks have definitely been very intelligently & thoughtfully designed to cater to a specific category of needs. For college goers & for most of the business guys, the netbook is a definite boon to have. Browsing around on the internet, handling documents & e-mails etc. are easily handled by the Intel netbooks. And the light weight of it makes the whole thing even better.So you can check netbooks based on intel atom processor.

Back