Laptop suggestions

• Thread starter Thread starter uthfull
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 19,503
^ then they will say that they havent received the mail.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8918/47255014ja0.png

Thats what I see when I view my order status. My accoutn manager told me he took permission from his manager to process my order cuz he knew the payment pickup might be delayed cuz of the diwali rush. Don't know how true all this bull shit is.

Chandigarh isnt that small a town yaar. They have their friggin office here. Dunno what the problem is. And its not like the courier company they rely on, DTDC in this case, is small too. They don't return my calls otherwise I would've asked them their address and mailed the cheque myself. But I've kinda lost patience now. If they don't collect it, I won't send it. I'll buy something else. Simple.

or if you just wait it might show up in the mail without you ever sending a cheque!

Hahahahaa... that I think isn't possible. The Dell dude told me that they check for the payment only at the time of delivery. The north is covered from Gurgaon and the south from Chennai(I think). So say if the lappy and the rest of the DELL consignment arrives at delhi today, then it would take a week for custom clearance. After that, when it is with the DELL delivery people. It is here that they check if the payment has actually been received or not. If it hasn't, they cancel the order. This is what was explained to me by my account manager and that is why he keeps reassuring me that I have time to make the payment. I emailed the f*cked thrice without a reply. Lets just wait and watch. If by Dec 3rd nothing concrete happens, m gna go and buy me a gud laptop from the market :P The money is still with me. I got nothing to lose. They have a customer to lose. Not that 1 customer wud actually make a difference to them. :)

yours may be a special case... cos they dont build until payment is received and that makes sense too hehehe. when I bought I was asked to mail a DD to their office.... which was a pretty simple process...

I wish they wudv asked me to mail them 2... it wudv bin a big load off my mind... Now I'm just waiting and watching...

I got a call from DTDC bangalore yesterday morning... He told me he was representing Dell n blah blah. I gave it off 2 him... he apologised and as usual told me the guy wud be at my place before 1PM yesterday. But as usual, he didn't arrive. This time I managed to trace their office... went their in the evening... bashed him... got hold of his number. Now they're telling me they'll come on monday. Even if they don't, I'll go there and give the cheque to them myself.The dell website still shows the same order status.

lol, this is sweet. customers have to "bash" the sellers to get them to sell them stuff.... usually its the other way around with sales people trying to convince you to buy their stuff!

Hahahaha... I'm gettin impatient yaar... Its a good config for the right price... m not getting the same config for that price from any other brand atm... N I'm really looking forward 2 the notebook... Its just the stupid DTDC guys who might spoil it for me... so I took it upon myself to find them, even if it meant curbing my own ego :P

ya i had to do the same to get a bsnl broadband connection in bangalore back in feb 2005 :) altho had to swallow ego a bit more, no bashing, just sweet talking to get the new phone plus broadband installation within 1 week of submitting forms

Back