Laptop suggestions

• Thread starter Thread starter uthfull
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 19,503
actually i think i paid a bit more than the market price. in bangalore the price is closer to rs. 2000. :Pbtw for airtel users, the company seems to provide an all in one device for around rs. 1500.my question is a bit different. what to use and how to clean the screen of a lcd/laptop?

i got a nice soft black antistatic cloth with my HP pavilion tablet :)... use one of those antistatic dusters if you can find one... maybe a mildly dampened soft cotton clothdo not use commercial detergent/sprays on your lcd/laptop!

Ummmhmmm.... a lil more explanation wud do me gud :P
4-port ethernet switch... wats the purpose of dat?

Update:
The Dell guys didn't come to collect the cheque today. I called em up. They apologized and told me the DTDC courier guy would come tomorrow and they wud process my order immediately in the morning even before they get the cheque. Lets c. My attention tomorrow would be on the Ind-Pak match... gotta go n watch dat live.

Hi uthfull,

Please keep us posted on your experience with Dell.

I was not aware that Dell has the facility to pick up the cheque from home.I was under the impression that we have to send the cheque to their Bangalore office.

By the way did you use the multi city cheque book for the Dell cheque ?If so of which bank ?

I still wonder why it takes Dell 3 weeks to deliver laptops to India from Malaysia/Singapore ?

Regards,

Farmboy

Ya Dell should start manufacturing in India already, make the prices even more cheap :)

@ItsMe: tx1201au is out of stock I think, I got similar model tx1302au and it's decent. although i woudlnt recommend gettting a tablet coz they are overpriced and you dont really use the tablet feature that much!

If you dont want to wait for a dell delivery get another HP model... perhaps an Acer... from a local laptop shop/dealer where you can look at the models in real life before purchasing...

and ya its funny how HP laptop list page is down right at the time of diwali...

@ItsMe: if you want a small portable laptop get the Dell XPS M1330 its a sleek and powerful model by itself for about Rs 60k...

i just browsed the hp US site and the dv2500t compact 14.1 inch model seems nice. you might get a core2duo 2ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb HD, dvd writer for rs 60k im guessing... my only complaint is that HP has low-resolution LCDs at the same size as others. this model has only 1280x800 at 14.1 inch while dell gives option of 1440x900 and at 15 inch you can get 1680x1050...

Hi vishalrao,

The dv2500t you have mentioned above is not available in India.

Moreover,HP India does not allow us to customize laptops on the site :( .

Dont know the reason but customized HP laptops are only for people outside india in USA or somewhere else .We get preconfigured HP laptops and the choice is limited .

And yes the HP Pavilion notebook portion of HP India website is not working .I did email the webmaster(there is a link at the bottom of pages and everyone should email him)but the reply received so far from him has not been convincing .

Farmboy

yup, its because of this lack of customisation that i had to wait 3-4 months before buying the pavilion tablet which came with the specs i wanted ! and on top of that there were a couple of items i didnt want/need, like the carry bag and extra battery, which could have saved me some moolah there

Dell is already manufacturing low end desktops in chennai... will slowly start manufacturing laptops, servers and other accessories if demand increases as they expect :D

my question is a bit different. what to use and how to clean the screen of a lcd/laptop?
try not to use any cleaners and stuff. just damp a cotton cloth and clean the screen. make sure there are no particles on the screen as it may cause scratches on the screen. wipe it with a microfibre cloth.

Buffalo WHR G54S is a very good router. its for around rs.2100. :D

UPDATE:
Nobody from DTDC has yet arrived to pick up my cheque. They keep calling up every 5th day to ask for my permission to come but they don't. I've tried calling up the Dell people. Now they've stopped responding now. Two days back the called me up and told me not to worry as I still have around 1.5 week to submit my payment. The DELL website shows that my notebook is in the process of being shipped and the estimated delivery date is Dec 3rd. Lets see what happens now. Its their headache to pick up the payment now. If they don't, i'll go buy something else.

And can someone please help me here : https://broadband.forum/mobile-technology-phones-forum/19000-smartphone-advice/

You mean to say that you have still not paid to Dell and they have already shipped your notebook from Malaysia :huh::confused:

^^^ read his post properly.... 'its in the process of being shipped' they will never even start to build your system until payment is received...this might be one of the tactics used to deal with product delays....

oh man, that sucks, i hope its not coz you're from a smaller town and not a major city/metro...is there an option to mail the cheque to a Dell office?

Back