• Thread starter Thread starter Arun Prasad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 9,069

Arun Prasad

Regular
ISP
DATA ONE
hi. is there any possibilities to get sun direct in computer instead of TV.. or in two televisions with single dish

1. You can get it on PC by connecting the STB thro' S-Video cable for the video and the audio to the sound card.2. You can get it on two TVs with a single dish simultaneously, but on both the TVs you can watch the same channel. 3. You can get it on two televisions with two STBs and a single dish to watch selected channel individually on each of the TV . So you need two connections! 4. If you do not wish to simultaneously receive on both the TVs you can shift the STB from one place to another. You will however need an RF line from your dish to the two points.

I have taken sun direct to watch and capture TV programs in PC and I am using it for the past two months.Quality of video is better then DVD for some of the Tamil and Malayalam channels. The sound is mono for all the local channels except FTV,ABC and DW. Captured quality of video in DVD mode is par excellence.I am using Mercury Ez view TV tuner card with FM.All the best!

Hi,You gave solution to my problem also,but please clarify whether I can use S-video cable to my STB- SN9000IR? I used a tuner card but the video is very poor.Babu.P.H.

It cannot be.Try taking the AV output of the STB to the tuner card.Make sure that you are selecting PAL colour format and not NTSC or any other format.This you can check from the TV Tuner card picture adjustment section.Taking S video out is always better the AV.Do not use RF out as you will get grains.All the best!S video is an international video output jack....it is same for all video ouput devices.So you can use for the present STB you have...no problem

Hi Prasadji,
Thank you for your reply.
babu.

i have connected my STB to my pc.. through AV. but the picture quality is not that much grt. and also i get some dim white diagonal lines across the screen. connecting thorough S video will avoid this. and if i connect it by S video. am i want to use separate audio output.. from STB?

i have connected my STB to my pc.. through AV. but the picture quality is not that much grt. and also i get some dim white diagonal lines across the screen. connecting thorough S video will avoid this. and if i connect it by S video. am i want to use separate audio output.. from STB?
If you connect thro' S-Video for the Video, you need to connect the audio-out of STB to audio-in of sound card on your PC.

If you connect thro' S-Video for the Video, you need to connect the audio-out of STB to audio-in of sound card on your PC.
where is the audio out in STB to connect it in the soundcard.. and i have no separate sound card.. is that inbuilt one ok?

where is the audio out in STB to connect it in the soundcard.. and i have no separate sound card.. is that inbuilt one ok?
STB has connectors at the rear where you plug in the red and white jacks - which are for Right and Left audio channels. You need a cable with RCA connectors for this (STB) end and the other end goes into your PC sound card - either inbuilt or separate. This other end requires typical stereo headphone jack (small) for connection to PC.

Back