• Thread starter Thread starter saurabh_g
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4,583

saurabh_g

Regulars
ISP
TATA, Airtel
while seeing the Sun Direct packges closely i have found that Sun direct is the most costly DTH among all the dth available in the India.

I have just compared it with dishtv below with Sun direct packages.

Comparison: Dishtv Platinum Pack + Colors+ UTV pack and Between Sundirect's Shine Pack+ Jumbo + Sports channels.

Taken these packs because Sun direct won't have any other pack then base pack rest all is ala-carte.

1. Economy- Dishtv Packages are more economical the Sun direct packages ------ Dish platinum(283+ Tax) + Colors( 20+ tax)+ UTV pack (Rs.25+ tax) = Rs.362

Where as Sundirect Shine Pack (99+ Tax)+ Jumbo (Rs.300+ Tax) + Sports channels (Rs.143+ tax)( espn, star sports, star cricket, Zee Sports, Tensports). Total= Rs.600

Approx Rs.250 More the dishtv package.

2. Channels ----- Dishtv have more number of channels the Sun direct. even in the above mentioned packs Dishtv Has 188 channels and services and Sundirect have 170 channels and services.

3. Important Extra Channels on Dishtv------- Even afterTaking so many packs for Sun direct it still misses few channels which dishtv have in their platinum pack.
these are: SAB , Sahara One, Discovery Travel & Living, Zoom, Zee Action, Premiere, Classics, MGM, MTV.

4. Extra Channels on Sun direct: Bindass, World Movies, Babay TV, Fox, Fox Crime.

So over all if you see Sun direct is very costly as compared to Dishtv.
When comparing the same set of channels as per platinum pack Sun direct cost the same channels At Rs.600 and still missing few channels.

Where as dishtv cost only Rs.362 And miss very few channels hardly 3-4 channels.

I agree with you, Saurabh_g on this point of yours. The packs of Dish TV are way too economical that any other DTH packs. But you must not forget, that Sun DTH is the first provider to launch HD service whereas Dish TV had "only" been planning for HD till date.

Good research. Yes dish tv now has the edge over other since they had included star channels in base packs too. Only thingg now dish has to work on now is the sucking website.

that's called business tacktics!sd has a lot of them!sd is cheating ppl!telling ppl that its a common man product but prices a sky rocketing!aa vidam gaa mundhuku pothunaru.....:|:|:|:|

I agree with you, Saaurabh_g on this point of yours. The packs of Dish TV are way too economical that any other DTH packs. But you must not forget, that Sun DTH is the first provider to launch HD service whereas Dish TV had "only" been planning for HD till date.

Yes Sun direct had launched HD Service, But what the use of that service which is not at all affordable by people as it very very costly. Might be dishtv will come up with better and more affordable HD service i near future.

Yes Sun direct had launched HD Service, But what the use of that service which is not at all affordable by people as it very very costly. Might be dishtv will come up with better and more affordable HD service i near future.

Well HD chs are premium chs and of course its bound to be costly. What do you think....Dish TV will offer HD chs for free.....??? :hysterical: Mind you, Dish TV is not doing charity, it would be equally costly in Dish TV too. All said & done, let Dish TV "launch" the HD service first. :p

Also if you see all the ala-carte's are very very costly in Sun direct I am just comparing a few below

1. Sun direct (mercury Super)= Rs.52+ Tax And Dishtv (Cinemagic Pack)= Rs.35+ tax
Channels--- Zee Cinema, Star Gold and Setmax.

2.Sun direct (Mercury )= Rs.50+ tax and Dishtv (Movie World)= Rs.25+ tax
Channels--- Star Movies, HBO, PIX. whereas dishtv have one extra channels in this pack Zee Studios. Still available at half rate of what sun direct is giving.

3. Sun direct (Mercury Plus)= Rs.70+ tax and Dishtv(Movie World + Explorer Pack) = Rs.50+ tax
Channels---Star Movies, HBO, PIX, Zee Studio, Animal Planet, NGC whereas dishtv have 2 extra channels in this pack discovery and History. Still cost Rs.20 less

4. Sun direct (Hindi Pack)= Rs.30+ tax and Dishtv (Maha Ent pack) = Rs.25+ tax
Channels ---- Zee tv and Sony Where as dishtv has 1 extrs channel Star Plus . Still cost less.

5. Sun direct (Pluto Super)= Rs.55+ tax and Dishtv (Extreme Cartoon)= Rs.45+ tax.
Channels-- Pogo, CN, Hungama, Nick, Disney, Animax Whereas dishtv has 1 extra channel Jetix and still cost less.

6. Sun direct (Neptune Pack)= Rs.90 and Dishtv (Cinemagic + Maha ent packs)= Rs.60+ tax
Channels--- Zee tv Star Plus, Sony, Zee Cinema, Star Gold. Where as dishtv has 1 extra channel Set max and still cost Rs.30+ tax less then what charged by Sun direct if you add Set max cost Rs.20+ tax then the difference is Rs.50+ tax for same set of channels.

Further you can also check for jupiter, Venus and neptue plus packs also where also too costly.

So with sun direct only base pack is economic but doesnot have required channels. and all other ala-carte is very costly

----------

Well HD chs are premium chs and of course its bound to be costly. What do you think....Dish TV will offer HD chs for free.....??? :hysterical: Mind you, Dish TV is not doing charity, it would be equally costly in Dish TV too. All said & done, let Dish TV "launch" the HD service first. :p

Well i have not said its free on dishtv, I said might be its more affordable on dishtv whenever it launch.

Well i have not said its free on dishtv, I said might be its more affordable on dishtv whenever it launch.

How do you know that its gonna be more affordable ? Only time will say that. Providing HD content requires a lot of expenses so I dont think Dish TV will subsudize it for us.

^^ So you think Dish is doing charity or subsidising for SD channel now? They are well earning their margin, and giving rest of benefit to the customers, unlike Sun DTH.Yes HD are supposed to be expensive, but not at the expence of 100 per channel and 10k STB. I have good vibes that dish tv will bring hd at better pricing without compromising in quality.

@surabhIn SD most people will pay for only few packs which they actually watch and not even 1000 in one going to pay for all the channels and pay rs.600. What are you trying to convey? Dish tv and SD both are cheap for the channels which we mostly watch. Dish tv has edge in number of channels for lesser amount but clarity is poor than any dth. Tomorrow start another thread and tell cable tv is cheap by calculating like TS+Dishtv+SD+Big+Airtel and tell still they miss many channels which comes in cable tv itself. Would it make sense?If I am Tamil and I am happy with Tamil channels then I can stay with SD and pay Rs.75. But if I go to other dth I will pay atleast Rs.100 and Rs.168 for the same channels in Dish tv! Worst than TS. But Dish tv has more number of Tamil channels :thumbsup: I think Dish tv is loosing out to SD now and so you got angry with SD and posting the same thing in many forums.

Back