Sun DTH launches on Nov 9th

• Thread starter Thread starter Wiki
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 4,230
FYI,

Received information from my friend who works with Sun TV that Sun DTH platform is ready and will be launched on Nov 9th. 158 channels will be available initially. I am going to get rid of Dish TV and switch over to Sun DTH.

:yahoo:

Good. hopefully people will stop moaning about it here and stick to their little sun channels there. Dish tv is better without these channels. :)

Thanks tech enthu.And wat is mean by this Don't let the launch or non-launch of sun tv mar your celebrations.

He refers to your birthday celebrations.

Good. hopefully people will stop moaning about it here and stick to their little sun channels there. Dish tv is better without these channels. :)

Dish TV will get SUN channels sooner than later. They cannot survive in South without SUN channels. Even if Dish TV customers move to SUN Direct, Dish TV management cannot get rid of SUN channels. Not having SUN channels in south is like having a sport channel in India without showing cricket.

-Ravi

Thanks for remembering my countdown...... and just now i saw this thread and was equally shocked......

Sun is not going to be delayed till NOV..... it is launching this month only :thumbsup: and with lots of great offers...... (cant reveal them though)

Maybe this nov date could be for overall launch ..
wat do u mean by overall launch.....

Source??? Btw seems like another fake news... Its becoming a norm here tht new user comes and spread fake news...

Hitman,

Two things,

1. I am not a new user. I am a regular reader of posts but this my first post. Obviously posting any thing requires registration. My join date makes you think that I am a new user

2. News is not fake. I got this from reliable source

More info.
The date is the official launch date. A trial of only FTA channel is about to start sometime by this month or next month. The setup box may availabvle from the dealers by next month itself. The full channels are expected from Nov 9.

There are no plans for any Movie on Demand right now.

Hitman,

Two things,

1. I am not a new user. I am a regular reader of posts but this my first post. Obviously posting any thing requires registration. My join date makes you think that I am a new user

More info.
The date is the official launch date. A trial of only FTA channel is about to start sometime by this month or next month. The setup box may availabvle from the dealers by next month itself. The full channels are expected from Nov 9.

movie on demand not possible in sun dth ...south indian people r diff from north indian

Hitman,

Two things,

More info.

yes. i can agree on one point that is fullchannels in nov....... but i doubt it .. it will go to december after the TRAI ruling starts in december..

other point is that STB are ready to come soon to all dealers within next few days..

Thanks tech enthu.And wat is mean by this Don't let the launch or non-launch of sun tv mar your celebrations.
Don't get upset if for any reason - technical, political, non-availability of STBs, or unknown reasons - launch is delayed. That is what I meant. Birthday is a special occasion, sun direct launch is not!!!

wat do u mean by overall launch.....

sun may not launch throughout india. as it has still not tied up with many north channels.. so just hoping that it will be launched in south only.

Hitman,

Two things,

More info.

see this section and get the launch date.. i wanted to keep it in secret..... my countdown is still running.. as that date is also not perfect.. it is still tentative.... check this.. https://broadband.forum/sun-dth/15030-sun-dth-operations-september-15-a/2/#post111500

So if sun gives the channel packages at low rates,Then dishtv and TS should also reduce the package pricing

So if sun gives the channel packages at low rates,Then dishtv and TS should also reduce the package pricing

I don't think so. DishTV and TS will still have a hand over Sun in terms of number of channels. So they won't reduce the pricing.

Back