Suspect downstream and upstream rate

• Thread starter Thread starter Ronello
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,030

Ronello

ISP
Ion and Jio
My friend got his Triband connection today. He opted for the DSL849NU plan. The ADSL2+ modem is a D-Link GLB-502T. The internet works but somethings do not seem right to me. They are:1) AFAIK people on the DSL849NU plan are synced at a downstream rate of 2048kbps and upstream rate of 256kbps. But the status page of his modem shows a downstream rate of 508kbps and an upstream rate of 511kbps. As a result the speeds are not what we had expected. We tried ticking only the G.dmt boxes in the modem( I have read that works for some people) instead of all boxes except for one or two being ticked. We called MTNL on 1504 and they said they have received numerous complaints today and some work is going on at the server side. But I use MTNL(with 2xxxxxxx@a type of username) too and there is nothing wrong with either my connection status or speed. I am confused. We checked the usage site for his plan details and it correctly displayed it as DSL849NU.2) His username is of the older type i.e. just his 'phone number' (Ericsson server) and not the 'phone number@a' (Alcatel). AFAIK they stopped giving new Triband connections from the older server. Going by that his username should have been 'phone number@a'. Anybody any idea what is happening on MTNL's end ? This is just a doubt and not a problem as long as issue 1) gets sorted out.

@ronello Which exchange is your friend on. The DSL NU 849 plan should get 'upto 2 mbps'. You will have to keep on following up with these sloths at MTNL reminding them with complaints & emails. Usually people who change plans have this problems but in your friends case its a new connection they have screwed up.

@ronello. Kindly pm(Private message) me, i will let you know whom to contact in Mulund for speed related issues.

Hi! I am @ronello's friend who was facing the problem.Thanks For your help Guyz Problem Resolved:thumb:.

Back