Tata Broadband: Wireless with Linksys (some success)

• Thread starter Thread starter rupeshnadar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,917
Status
Not open for further replies.

rupeshnadar

ISP
TATA Broadband
Hi netfreak,I was finally able to get wireless working using Linksys 54GS router, earlier with Netgear it just didn't work.Anyways, the connectivity is quite slow, ie there is 15% packet loss when i ping the GW 210.xxx.xxx.1 (as provided by TATA / VSNL), but my ping to 192.168.1.1 (Router's IP) is clean no drops.The above packet loss occurs either via wireless or via LAN connection. But if i unplug the WAN Cable from my Linksys Router and connect directly to my laptop there is no drop in packets when i ping to the GW 210.xxx.xxx.1Anyway, to resolve this issue. Due to the above packet loss, sites don't come up or come very very slow or timeout.Let me know if you need any more details with regards my setup.Thanks.

what configuration did you use? did you let it remain DHCP in the Linksys router? Or did you supply the static IP(given by Tata) in the linksys router?

This seems strange... If I were in your place I will check this by keeping PC on WAN side and Laptop on LAN / WiFi. If you still get drops then there is some problem with router.Other then that, packet drops on TATA Indicom is quite common.

I have taken a TATA Indicom Broadband connection. I am trying to set my connection thru my Linksys WRT54GC Router but unable to set it. I would appreciate if you could share the information. Thanks in advance. Note: I have a prepaid connection. Hence there is no static IP. RegardsBalaji

Hey Rupesh:I have been thinking of putting in a wireless router to share my Tata Indicom broadband [if you could call it that :)] connexion and looks like you have been one of the few to have managed to set this up successfully. Need some advice - based on your success and pain - which router do you recommend that I buy? I need access between walls [will be using laptops in the bedroom and living room] so keeping this in mind which do you feel is the one to go in for. I use the browser based login form to login to my broadband connection and hope that you had the same too when you configured the router else I'm back to square one. Can you also share with us what you did to configure the router to get it to work? Would appreciate this.Last but not the least - hope your "packet loss" issue is all sorted out by now. If yes, what was the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back