Tata Indicom Broadband connection over cable ?

• Thread starter Thread starter pranKster
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 6,784
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Tata Indicom quick Power 360 + 9 to 9 for 299 @ 2 MBPS !
Guys,is there anyone with similar connection like me ?? That is Broadband connection over cable line. I have this setup where net comes to me over lan. Is this the way Tata provides net connection to others too ?

Yes mine is same way ( ppp over ethernet ) . IT works pretty good for me :)

yeh pppoe dial-up . go to control panel-->networks and setup a new pppoe connection .

that did not work ............ :( the engineer installed some crappy isdn driver for win98. :mad: that at times drops the line and then will not connect .. Error 678. :wall:

Its much better supported in windows xp ?? Btw by any chance do you have 2 lancard installed on pc with tata connection ? In that case i have seen lot of 678 ( and they quickly go away once u unplug wire of another card ! ) .

well I do have 2 LAN Cards... but 1 is disabled. yet i am getting this error ? I will try to unplug it. BTW, when I setup a new pppoe connection for using its dialup, I keep on getting invalid username / password on the domain ! Why ? Reluctantly, I have to use the crappy isdn ... its unreliable.

Error 678...Its dreaded cablewalla. This error comes up when authentication packets get lost during PPPOE dial in process. I don't think it has got something to do with OS.Can you ping gateway IP? Can you login from web based dialer?

The funny thing is when 678 arrives ... I cannot ping to the gateway server itself. Also .. web login works but it takes ages to show login page.... I want to do away with the crappy ISDN driver..... can any one suggest some solution ?

Thats it... you can't do anything about it. Its some fault in cable due to which almost all packets are lost and PPPOE can't work. Solution, raise complaints from tata indicom site whenever you are online and keep track of complaint. One you have logged 30 - 40 complaints, they figure that it costs more to ignore you (then fixing the line) and things hould improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back