TATA Indicom Broadband planning WiMAX rollout!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 23,870
Status
Not open for further replies.

netfreak

Regulars
ISP
Airtel GPRS EDGE + VSNL
I have been using TATA Indicom for last few months. Was raising at least 10 complaints every week. Raised this thing in every Blog/Forum/Mailgroup I could.Finally someone higher up at TATA took notice and sent an actual network engineer to my place. That guy manages a TI network in large part of Mumbai. He was frank in saying that they can't help much as long as last mile is not proper. But promised to include my connection in WiMax pilot... so things should improve soon. As per him it should be released to public by Diwali.As per him things are almost ready on technical side, they are sorting out things with govt/regulators etc.

Wow neat, hopefully with more players in the WiMAX market there will be some price competetiveness :)

thats great. hope we do have a blast this diwali. :happy:hope they come out with decent plans and improve their service. :)hope other providers also start their wimax service soon.

WHen waas the WimAx spectrum allotted?

No idea... however, in Pune Reliance WiMax is already available to consumers, sol looks like they have sorted out some of these issues.

Do update us on the pilot of the Wimax?

Do update us on the pilot of the Wimax?
wimax has a pilot? :P
cool! do tell me also. i would like to know if these pilots are good and if i can fly with them safely. :rofl:

As things stand right now, it will take "at least" 10 weeks for WiMax to be available in my Area.That guy had no idea about tariff etc.

o.0 thats a gr8 news...i hope they launch this serive after the rainy.....as Tata Sky sucessfull already..i think mumbai ppl ill get this service as soon as possible. bcoz here alots of cable issues going on...so it ill rock after the wi-fi...service... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back