Tata Photon Plus Dislikes (Bad Experiences)

• Thread starter Thread starter chinna
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 68,982
Status
Not open for further replies.

chinna

ISP
Mehidipatnam
Hi Firends,I have apply for TATA Indicom Photon Plus Data card on 5th August 2009. Before applying I have contacted customer care and kukatpally branch manager to know about product cost, monthly package, and delivery time. They said there is an offer for corporate employees, it would be Rs.2400/-, free service charge and 3-4 days will take to delivery the data card. I have accepted all above and contacted sales executive. Sales executive came to me and provided some documents, I have filled up all these docs, provided some documents to him and I paid Rs.2400/- to data card, again sales executive asked Rs.100/- for service charge. When I was contacted customer care and branch manager they said there is no service charge. Even I paid extra Rs.100/- for service charge. The sales executive said that you will get the data card with 3-4 days. I said ok. After 3 days (i.e. on 8th August 2009) sales executive called me and saying that the price list has been changed and u have to pay extra Rs.200/- Immediately I was contacted branch manager, but there is no response. I have contacted customer care but there is no action. Finally I paid extra Rs. 200/- also. But till date I have not got the data card. There are many times I was contacted sales executive and branch manager to get the data card, but there is no reply. Simply they would cut the phone and some times switch off their mobiles. Finally I came to know that the TATA Indicom Photon data card service is very poor and very bad.Firends I never refer or suggest to any body to go for this data card connection.Stupid people and Worst service. Regards,Chinna

First I want to tell you that I have a full time job so it’s hard to find time to write in such forum but the services provided by Tata Indicom made me to do so as I am a victim of false and misleading advertising of Tata Indicom.I am from Bangalore live in electronic city area. I was a happy customer of airtel broadband. My organization allowed me to work from home so I thought to go for Tata Photon+ to get better speed (even thought I had a hard time using Tata indicom broadband service). I switched to photon+ a couple of months ago. I got my photon connection activated after 84 hrs (After making dozens of calls to CC and the guy who installed it) of getting the device delivered which is 48 hr delay as promised by Tata Indicom. The maximum speed I get is 40 kbps and it’s also not consistent. I will be more than happy if I get a consistent speed of 40kbps.During the night device doesn’t find any signals. So it’s just a piece of crap for you if you mostly work during night. The software makes system to hang frequently. If you are using the photon+, Don’t use it during some important work just to avoid loss of important files. It has crashed my system several times and forced me to reset my machine.Customer support is worst with take it or leave it attitude. They don’t provide a 24 hrs customer service as they promise during installation. Guys please don’t buy such products, Tata makes the worst product. I’m frustrated like anything and gonna switch back to my airtel connection now.FYI – I am posting the same to couple of forums as I want to convey my message to as many of you as possible and prevent Tata Indicom by steeling you hardly earned money. It’s better to hang out in purple haze with you GF for a night instead of buying this piece of crap (if you are a bangalorean  obviously). I am not expecting any responses, but want to warn others to not to land themselves in this soup.

Hi dude, am from Hyd but some of my friends in BANGALORE use Tata Indicom Photon and they say the speed is superb and never face any such problems.You can mail to their customer care id "[email protected]" to get such issue resolved.Trust you will get prompt and immediate resolution........:thumbsup:

Agree with you 100%. I'm also from Bangalore and been using photon+ since 2 months. Tried this service in JP Nagar 7th phase and 2nd Phase. My experience has been anything but good. When I was in 7th Phase the modem used to connect at 3.1 Mbps but in 2nd Phase it connects only at 2.4 Mbps. In both the cases my downlink speeds were no-where near the advertised speeds. The speeds reported by the Huawei dialer was 200 Kbps to 600 Kbps. Can you call this broadand? I dont think so. Using photon+ brings back the old memories of using VSNL dial-up internet connection which was the only option some 10 years back. I had complained to Tata before. Their field engineer did come to check the problem. He put some extra modem init commands and for some days it did look good. But it was back to the slow speeds after a couple of days. Listing things I found common with above post1. Very slow rates (forget You Tube and other online video sites)2. Speeds OK only in day time and get worse at night 3. Customer care not present at night. I tried calling them right now and I could not go beyond the "Enter your a/c #" thing on the IVR. I also suggest ppl in Bangalore who are interested in mobile broadband to skip photon+ for now.. till the service gets better. I wish I had read this post before buying. I will be using this only till my BSNL connection gets transfered to my new residence Cavet Emptor!

well all i hear is tata is crap by the users and those who dont have it just applaud it

alright here is what i can say about tata photo plus. i have used it at my place. it gave speeds between 512kbps to 1.8mbps. speeds fluctuate a lot. but it is hell better than the first generation CDMA data cards. of course, there are some regions where it would simply give terrible performance. but if you are lucky to find a sweet spot in your house, you can get decent speeds. of course 1500 bucks for 15GB is not a good deal.

Yes TATAPHOTON PLUS IS A CRAP. Tata tele are taking all the people in bangalore for a ride, they are openly cheating the public, their customer support ( after 2 days of trying to reach them) confirm they have no enough bandwidth, So I CAUTION THE PUBLIC NOT TO BUY TATAPHOTON PLUS, IT IS NO BETTER THAN A 1X DIAL UP SERVICE. THEIR SERVICE IS ALSO TOOOOO BAAAD, NO RESPECT FOR THE CUSTOMER.

Hey Admin,You are correct when you say that you have to find a sweet spot in order to get decent speeds with Tata Photon +. I observed this accidently when I was walking with my laptop in my home. Unfortunately for me this sweet spot is the balcony, the only place that has access to clear skies. I also found that the speeds are good only if the signal strength is > 92-94 % and that the modem changes to CDMA mode if the signal strength drops to around 70%.From now on I will be using my Photon+ only from the balcony or outside my house. This is not what I was expecting.I'm very much tempted to cancel my connection. The only thing that is holding me back is the thought that I will end up with a Rs. 3500 Modem which cannot be used for any thing else.... not even as a paper weight!I'm just praying that the BSNL guys can re-connect my Broadband connection soon.....

its sad that the companies are not providing anything like a signal booster (Femtocell or Picocell whatever it is)... it might resolve tons of problems for the users when it comes to wireless broadband access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back