• Thread starter Thread starter cool_asim
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 4,074

cool_asim

Regulars
ISP
Broadband
Tata Sky Ltd, the JV between the TATA Group and STAR has become the First Indian DTH provider to be awarded the ISO 27001:2005 accreditation, the ultimate benchmark for information security.

The assessment for the certification was conducted by Intertek Systems Certification, the management systems registration business unit of Intertek Group plc and is accredited by several internationally-recognized accreditation bodies worldwide.

ISO 27001:2005 is an international standard that provides specifications and guidance for the establishment and proper maintenance of an Information Security Management System (ISMS). The purpose of ISMS is to ensure business continuity and reduce business damage by preventing and minimizing the impact of security incidents on customer operations, field services, IT-IS (Information Technology-Information Services), data center activities and other support functions.

Mr. Vikram Kaushik, Managing Director & CEO, Tata Sky Ltd. said, “The ISO 27001:2005 Certification is an important milestone and another first for Tata Sky. It validates our firm commitment in delivering our highest practices and processes in Information Security Management. Most importantly, this certification reassures our subscribers that every transaction carried through our IT systems are highly secure.”

Good to hear this and these things will surely boost up their sales......as an existing customer point of view i think we gain nothing out of this......

This certificate business is taking over world. Half of the worlds work just goes in getting these things but eventually everything remains the same (with or without certificate). Procedures just remain on paper.

People can copy credit cards, how much time will it take to make duplicate DTH cards? Take for e.g Dreambox.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

And sometimes I just dont understand why people get so happy even if things dont make any difference to them :S

[/COLOR]And sometimes I just dont understand why people get so happy even if things dont make any difference to them :S

this is what dhoni, aswin, srinith all clarified. still not able to understand?

Good to hear this and these things will surely boost up their sales......
i am also happy as we get few more points as pros to sell this :dance: :dance:

ok.. why do all threads end up being more about pointing to each other rather than stating ur opinion.. i posted it as a new peice of info .. thts all.. and everyone is entitled to be either happy or be indifferent to it.. if u think u have an opinion on it.. state it.. if not ignore .. :|

ok.. why do all threads end up being more about pointing to each other rather than stating ur opinion.. i posted it as a new peice of info .. thts all.. and everyone is entitled to be either happy or be indifferent to it.. if u think u have an opinion on it.. state it.. if not ignore .. :|
replying to whom? me? i stated my opinion that i am happy just like ajuravi as we can sell more ts now mentioning the above ceritification.offcourse not many will ask what for that certificate is.

replying to whom? me? i stated my opinion that i am happy just like ajuravi as we can sell more ts now mentioning the above ceritification.offcourse not many will ask what for that certificate is.

Amish, as you know, internet theft is a big issue in India. What this certification means is that our CC details are safe and secure as per approved standards. I am not happy, I am just "reassured" that our financial data is safe.

OSWAI, I am absolutely delighted that you are thinking of selling more TS,Congrats! and you were accusing me of being a TS employee!!! :rofl::hysterical:

Back