Tata Sky DTH: 9x is now part of the lifestyle gold package

Ya. the channel quality is good.But as far as i am concerned., i do not need that channel.

I too dont need this channel even if they give for free :O they should bring some international channels like sky sports.

It's a good ploy by TS to get more revenue from hapless customers.I don't want it even if it's free.

The thing is this - with 5-10 more channels in the pipeline from UTV, Inx and NDTV, TS can either add them all to existing packages and increase the price to say 400-450 rupees or do what they have already done - create addon gold packs. The 2/ 3 month 'free' availability is to build trps and interest in the channels, so that people will subscribe to them when the time comes. This way, they can say that the max package is 300-350 rupees. Those who want something more can always add it on.The system is interesting but dead wrong. Such packs should have been in place for genres - news, sports, movies, english entertainment etc. So a base package of 100-200 rupees + whatever genre you want is how they should have been.At present, I am not going to subscribe to any add on packs coz there is nothing in it for me. If some good movie channel or new english channel does come up, I will reevaluate my decision.

'Our content will reflect India'

Indrani Mukerjea is the founder and the newly-appointed CEO of INX Media. She also heads INX News. The youngest woman to head a media group in the world, Indrani Mukerjea spoke to Sayantani Kar on INX’s bouquet of channels that will be launched in the next one-and-a-half years.

What are the other channels, apart from 9X and the already-launched 9XM, in your upcoming channel bouquet?

Our general entertainment channel, 9X, is being launched today. In the next year-and-a-half, we are planning to launch three regional entertainment channels. We haven’t yet taken a final call as to which regions will the channels address, but we are looking at languages like Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati and Punjabi

agencyfaqs! > news & features > 'Our content will reflect India'

me too not gonna subscribe 4 it....they jus wanna fool us and think that by adding 1 or 2 ******* new channels they can extract money 4m us........ and r not gona add exisying channels like zoom or hallmark.etc music,etc......:wall:

Back