Tata Sky DTH:Any Idea about Lifestyle gold pack prices

• Thread starter Thread starter Neo001
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 9,629
That means whichever channels Tata Sky gets exclusively (like INX, UTV, NDTV) they will charge them more. Thats weird thinking from TATASKY (if it is the real case).
I am personally against it and will never go for Lifestyle pack

That means whichever channels Tata Sky gets exclusively (like INX, UTV, NDTV) they will charge them more. Thats weird thinking from TATASKY (if it is the real case).
I am personally against it and will never go for Lifestyle pack

Yes I agree with you!

That BindArse channel sucks big time :wall:

That seems to be the case, doesn't it? Otherwise, what the hell is Bindass doing in a Lifestyle pack. It is in the same league as SAB Tv. SAB might in fact be better.Maybe TS will prove me wrong. The only silver lining, however, is the INR 400 barrier. I don't think they will dare to breach it.

Rs 400-500 may seem minor amount for upper middleclass/upper class income group, but for common man Rs 300 looks like ideal amount to be spent for TV viewing.
And considering the number of channel we watch on Tata Sky, I think I am spending 50% amount on channels useless (for me). Like we in family only watch Hindi/Marathi GEC, Movies, Sports, Infotaiment (Disc/Hist/NGC), Cartoon and (some) news channels. Channels from other languages are of no use for us. Considering the channel pricing of channel we view, it may well around Rs 300 per month. So ideally I should pay only for channels we watch. But I still end up paying for all channels (except SUN)
TATASKY should learn from big boss SKY-UK for packaging (Sky.com - Sky Products>Sky TV>Prices and Packages) which satisfies all kind of viewers by its packaging schemes
Still some may argue that TV watching in India is cheaper compare to other countries, but at same time we should look at market size India has and we can see that pricing set in India for TV viewing (or mobile calling rates) are well justified

You are right as far as the packing goes. Tv watching might be cheaper in dollar terms, but the average income of an Indian has to be considered before making that comparison. The problem broadcasters face is this - if channels are offered ala carte, people will choose only what they want. This will reveal exactly who is subscribing to what channels. The entire assumption based on which thousands of crores of rupees are spent on advertisements will have to be thrown out. The industry is not ready to face this fact.

I did'nt get your last 2 line at all from your post (#15).What are assumption?

Digital television can provide detailed subscription records. So, if subscribers are allowed to pick-and-choose channels, records will be available for all to see. e.g. I will not choose Sony, Star Plus etc. So, these channels cannot claim 45 million eyeballs or similar statistics for channel reach.The TRP system currently employed hardly reflects actual tv watching patterns. And advertising is based on these two factors - trps and channel reach. If the actual reach is discovered, advertisers will have to reevaluate their spends. Bulk packaging helps mask such problems.

Still any one has any idea or any guesses about new gold life style pack prices. as from coming 8th Nov its gonna be paid service like sports gold pack and its already 3rd today.

In all probability they are going to extend the time limit. They first have to see what response they get for the Sports Gold package. Only then can the pricing strategy for Lifestyle Gold be decided. Their website does not have any info on the same.

Back