• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 6,380

ajuravi007

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
MUMBAI: Peter and Indrani Mukerjea-promoted INX Media's Hindi general [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]entertainment[/COLOR][/COLOR] channel (GEC) 9X will officially go on air on 12 November at 9 pm. INX Media founder and group executive director Indrani Mukerjea says, "It gives me great pleasure to announce that 9X, our Hindi GEC, will unveil its engrossing lineup of prime time programming at 9 pm on 12 November. We aim to provide complete family entertainment through a distinctive variety of programs of compelling, world class quality that will connect with viewers instantly."
Balaji Telefilms is producing two dramas, Kahe Naa Kahe, and Kya Dill Mein Hai, in which she will introduce two new young female leads. Kahe Naa Kahe will air Mondays to Thursdays at 9 pm and feature newcomer Krystle D’Souza.
Smriti Irani's Ugraya Entertainment is producing Mere Apne. The serial which stars Irani, also marks the television debut of [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Bollywood[/COLOR][/COLOR] superstar Vinod Khanna. The show is scheduled to air at 10 pm, Mondays to Thursdays.
Similarly, superstar Tanuja will make her television debut in Babban Bhai v/s Bimla Tai, which is one of four shows on 9X that will provide a daily dose of comedy, Mondays to Thursdays.
"Our shows are made by the country’s leading production houses, and we have given them more resources than ever before to create broadcasting excellence," Mukerjea said.
Meanwhile Siddhartha Basu owned Synergy Adlabs is making its debut in fiction programming with a romantic daily drama, Jiya Jale. This show also features a newcomer in the lead.
On the non-fiction front, 9X has lined up [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]reality [COLOR=blue! important]shows[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] like Endemol's Mission Ustaad, which marks music maestro A R Rahman’s television debut.
INX Media says that non-fiction programming on 9X will be rounded up through [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]game [COLOR=blue! important]shows[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], talk shows apart from distinctive and new-generation events created specially for the channel.

Indiantelevision.com > News Headlines > 9X launches on 12 November

Want good programming? Acquire rights to Frasier, House M.D etc and remake them using good script writers and actors. Ji Mantriji is a good example. Better still, there are a thousand hindi, tamil and marathi books. Use them. Weekly programs give the cast a break. Writers can write good stuff. These can be sold on dvd after every season. They offer so many advantages. Why don't programming heads, asses all of them, understand this? The daily saas-bahu shit will one day kill all creativity.9x is starting on the wrong foot as far as I am concerned. Nowhere in the world does prime time on a GEC have the same show 5 times a week. The programming is similar to Star Plus, Zee and Sony. No differentiation at all. No weekly comedy shows, crime dramas etc. Too bad. A pessimist I am and a pessimist I shall remain.

G House is correct.I agree with his comments 100%I have grown up with Modern Technology. From Radio - BW TV - Color TV- plasma.... there was a time we were waiting for Radio -cricket & hocky commentery,Songs. then DD humlog--The world this week-cricket(All matches free of cost)mahabharath...ramayan...bible...serials...then Zee Antakshri..Saregama+even zee horror show though like a comic - + Sony CID sometimes (few horror? serials)... Now there is not much programs which we can wait and see...just keep on browsing...view one chanel until adds. tune to other ...there adds ...then never get back to the first watched program.... There are varity programes in the world. Our bollywood is copying successfully , why not the Indian TV? No channel has a thriller or detective type...tune in any channel at the prime time...all ladies either cry..or planning to pull legs of others or vis-versa. tune to news all are same... this is our fate...for that we are forced to pay and watch...

Yes I agree with Gregory, this is will one more sas bahu channel. Its time the channels evolve, have some interristing prorgramming, some serious drama. In the days when we had only DD, we really had some good programs and serials and nice comedy like yeh jo hai zindagi, aa bhains mujhe mar etc and good serious drama's.

It's hard to believe how miserable the Indian Television scene has become today. To be honest , i wasn't aware of the severity of the problem but thanks to you people for bringing it up. There was a time when there were exciting programmes like CID , Aahat , Mohandas BALLB which had the brilliant Pankaj Kapur and many more which i have missed. But today the quality is shocking and downright embarrassing. It's safe to assume that our hope for quality programmes is confined to foreign GECs like AXN , Star World and Zee Cafe etc.

any crap channel :wall::wall: and these crap people will start praying TS now like god.:hysterical::hysterical: useless creatures

G_H said correctly. there are thousands of good hindi, tamil, marathi and other regional language books. Why aren't they concentrating on it. As usual same story, same climax. Same scenes. One can even predict whats gona happen the very next second :hysterical::hysterical:These useless producers should learn from foreign countries.

9X available on Channel 150, I saw the channel....seems to be interesting...they have launched couple of programmes.

But it will be officially launched today at 9pm, when the saas bahu serials start again in the prime time slot...:thumbsup:

Any idea about the 9X Music channel which is already launched..

Back