Tata Sky DTH: Active DD

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramyashree
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,798
They replied by mail yesterday.."In the last review DD Podhigai, DD Kashir, DD Punjabi and DD Gujarati channels came up as content with extremely limited viewer ship and thus the channels were removed from the EPG listing and was not dropped from Tata Sky platofrm and are still available with Tata Sky as a part of Actve services (Actve Doordarshan channel).Also, DTH operators are required to carry a certain minimum number of Doordarshan channels and we did what is required under the regulatory guidelines. The configuration on Tata Sky has been enabled such that it has no impact on the consumers; with them being able to view these channels adequately, optimally and efficiently. Also, we have forwarded your feedback to the respective team and we highly value your relationship with us and respect the feedback provided. We continue to work in the best interest of our subscribers and will make all efforts possible to improve the service so that you get the best value."

As it is not possible to add all the DD channels, I think they cover all main DD channels and all of these channels DD Podhigai, DD Kashir, DD Punjabi and DD Gujarati are still available so there could be a good move of all DD channels in Active DD.

Hi Karthy,You should have raised a Question... about their regulation mentioned... Tata Sky is least bothered about TRAI guidelines... and you can see Live on their packages / Prices etc.. you should have reverted back them strongly.

Yes TRAI proposition may have many loop hole as the cost for making interoperable box cost a lot rather anyone would prefer a new STB.

First they should unlock STB and then fix cost for STB.But, before to use CAS channel price to DTH also.I think its not possible in this republic country.

CAM also has several limitation. I think the competition is totally fair in the interest of consumer to choose one DTH over another which does not much require interoprerable STBs which will futhur increase problems rather than diagnosing it by not allowing access to other brands active services and much more dormant issues might be lined up in this context which will be brought up after using the interoprerable box.

Back