Tata Sky DTH: Best Tv tuner Card

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 32,446
do we have 19\" monitors in india which can display HD content?

or any monitor with DVI input can display HD content?

Any monitor can display HD content provided you have a GPU powerful enough to decode HD. As you know 720p and 1080p are the two standards. Monitors are usually HD-Ready or Full-HD. 24" inchers and above are usually full HD. But it depends on the monitor. Widescreen monitor resolution should be atleast 1920*1080 if you want to enjoy Full HD. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_video

If you try to play a 1080p file on a 19" widescreen, it will play but it will be downscaled and hence you will not be able to enjoy complete HD. Wikipedia can enlighten you more regarding this. :)

I have used odyssey external,zebronix usb,frontech usb,gemini usb...none of them are complete..odyssey has flicker but good video quality but no recording,gemini has gud quality but records in COMPRESSED WMV..so ordinary recording..zebronics is the worst and frontech has good 720x576 recording but average video quality..people say pinnacle pctv 50i is best for recording as well as viewing...can any one throw ome light on that

hi guys plz suggest some internal tv tuner card which it can receive HD signals and it shouldnt give much load to my CPU and also capable to view in 19 inch wide screen monitar. my budget is under 10k
lol
:rofl::hysterical:
bro 10 k is a lot
go for pinnacle
u dont need to spend 10 k

lol
:rofl::hysterical:
bro 10 k is a lot
go for pinnacle
u dont need to spend 10 k

oh.. u all are worried about that 10k. ok i will reduce it to 5 k. well in pinnacle what model ?

what is the cost of ATI all in wonder. tuner card.. and how its performance

I want to ask whether its possible to view Tata Sky on the PC. whether DVB card is needed as to my knowledge the DTH siganl is encrypted.. basically to make it easier for all of you to understand I want to make a Home theater PC which gives HDMI display to my TV from my computer whether its a movie satellite TV and gives me the facility to use these features with vista media center.I can guide all of the people regarding knowledge of computer hardware, this is just a humble announcement.....Please help me as the only thing stopping me from building this HTPC is the ability to control and view tatasky through my PC......Thanks in advanceI think knowledge collected with this query will also help other users if they want o do so in the future...Manish

I am happy to reply u. As of present i m using Pinnacle PCTV Tuner Tuner Pro which is Anolog Tv Tuner card along with FM & remote. PCTV has the best software to run PC TV Application. Quality is A1+ & i m running this Tv Tuner on my Pc since more than 8years now so you can imagine how wonderful this card is which i purchased that time at just around 3k. I run Tata Sky on my card.

In future i would consider an upgrade to a new TV Tuner card. I hav full trust on pinnacle but the present lineup are not that great in feature which i want. But i suggest you buy what i recomend you. It should have the following listed:

1. It should support both DVB-T as well as Analog signals (dvb-t for plugging tatasky cable directly to tv tuner card or use seperate antenna for the same & analog for using cable or tatasky with set top box connection)

2. It should have build in encoder - this will reduce the cpu usage by way big margin specially using tata sky. Helps in viewing picture smoothly if there r resource hungry app running in the background

3. PCIe x1 interface only - dont go for PCI interface, choose pcie only and not even USB

4. FM, Recording, Remote - depends on ur choice

There r many tv tuner cards to choose from in the market

Rememeber that TATA Sky is DVB-T MPEG-2 reception so buy a tv tuner based on this config. Everyone in thier replies simply talked abt ports and not talking the technology behind tata sky... Also note that TATA Sky has gone HD and i am planning to buy HD set top box to improve quality of my TV. :clap:

If you got any other query then contact me on my email id as i wont look at this forum anymore. :notallowed:

how u add tata sky cable directly to ypur pinnacle card ???

Back