Tata Sky DTH now offering HBO Hits & HBO Defined

• Thread starter Thread starter hirenvyas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 17,680
Total bullshit by Tata Sky. Taking customers for a ride.

Mega pack is not what it once stood for, it has lost its essence. I'll probably not renew my mega HD subscription this year end.

Stop blaming Tata Sky for something which channels are enforcing. Its not that HBO Defined and Hits are offered under any pack by other DTH operators. Its channel's own policy. DTH operators and Channels need to enter into some form of alliance which is not happening resulting which Channels are free to decide their own pricing. If the DTH operator won't bend, then forget the channel.

Its not Tata Sky's fault. They are atleast making this channels available unlike other DTH operators who have not even bothered to provide these channels.
Recently AIRTEL added Star World Premiere HD for same Rs 60 as charged by TATASKY, and this STAR channel is not part of any other HD pack.
Since these HBO channels are not going to broadcast Live Cricket, so majority of Indians won't bother about it, nor will govt interested in it :D

SVK said:
Its not Tata Sky's fault. They are atleast making this channels available unlike other DTH operators who have not even bothered to provide these channels. Recently AIRTEL added Star World Premiere HD for same Rs 60 as charged by TATASKY, and this STAR channel is not part of any other HD pack. Since these HBO channels are not going to broadcast Live Cricket, so majority of Indians won't bother about it, nor will govt interested in it :D
Well, I have Star Premiere HD and now they are just showing repeat telecasts. I still totally blame TataSky/Star for not negotiating the prices with HBO properly.Their deal conversation must have gone this way:HBO: We have 2 channels we would like to introduceTataSky: Cool bro, whay is your pricing?HBO: Rs. 90 eachTataSky: That's terrific. We will add them to specials category and recover the money from gullible customersHBO: We have a deal.TataSky: It's been a pleasure

Tata Sky alone can't negotiate now. This is why.
TataSKY: Rs 90/month? That's expensive. Can't you bring it lower?
HBO: What problem you have? Dish and Hathaway agreed to our terms. If you don't, its your and your consumers loss.
TataSKY: Sigh. Okay. No choice either.

Yup. It's a shame that these DTH operators have not formed a cartel to get better deals from the content providers. I mean DTH customer base is pretty huge today and is the only reliable source of revenue generation for these paid channels (apart from CAS).

There was a news earlier about DishTV planning some sort of alliance with other operators. No idea what is happening there.

Huge egos. Unless DTH portability (interoperable STBs) is implemented... Things are not going to improve.

Back