Tata Sky HD DTH: Poor Service

• Thread starter Thread starter orthopod
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,786

orthopod

ISP
Tata Indicom
In Calcutta the HD box has been unavailable for the last 2 months. Since I needed a new box for anther connection I had to buy the standard box at Rs999, the subsequent upgrade will not be free, nor will they just charge me the difference. Customer care does not know when the boxes will be available & try to sell the HD recorder due out in April. When will Tata Sky get its act together?Also 30 HD channels on Dish TV. TS customer care does not know when any will be added to TS. ? change subscriber at the end of my annual subscription ?

HD box is not der in calcutta, And 30 HD channels lol, those r just upscaled HD channels stretched not True HD channels

@ orthopod

Mate Tata is far cleaner than Dish that u r vouching for.....Dish TV is indulging in just "Cornering" subscribers along with their "Illegal cousin" Zee Group.

Had both Big TV & Tata Sky, opted to stay with Tata. Have one HD (yes it was available at launch) & 2 standard connections subscribed through annual mega pack. Have not tried Dish. However find it extremely irresponsible that the TS HD box is not available in Calcutta for over 4 months (I have been trying for 2) whereas it is available in other cities. Regarding HD channels, Dish has Movies now in HD, plus other foreign channels which I agree may or may not be true HD and not to mention the Zee channels which are probably definitely stretched. No word from TS on this.

Need Movies Now badly...TS CC has no idea... and no response from Movies Now also when i mailed them...

@ orthopod

So, is it that u didnt get the latest TS+HD boxes when u got the standard boxes??

Regarding HD channels, i thought Movies Now was widely available with everyone!! Still, all i would suggest is - Dish TV is a dicey company to fall for - few have good experiences, few have bad. But the policy of "Zee Group" is a whole is pathetic. I have seen this many times.

@ orthopod

So, is it that u didnt get the latest TS+HD boxes when u got the standard boxes??

Regarding HD channels, i thought Movies Now was widely available with everyone!! Still, all i would suggest is - Dish TV is a dicey company to fall for - few have good experiences, few have bad. But the policy of "Zee Group" is a whole is pathetic. I have seen this many times.

Cannot get any TS HD boxes in Calcutta for 4 months now! Very stupid & irresponsible.

May be theres shortage then due to low prices & high demand......

Back