Tata-Sky : Please respect the feelings of the Marathi Manoos

gregory house

philosopher-in-chief
ISP
Reliance Dialup
I raised this issue in two different forums, albeit over different topics. This is now a formal request. I don't need any regional channels (not even Sun, even though I am Tamil). But this is a matter of principle.

The following Marathi channels are not being broadcast by Tata-Sky and it should do the needful immediately. If it can't get all the channels, it should at least add the good ones.
[*] Star Majha
[*] Zee Talkies
[*] Mee Marathi
[*] Zee 24 Tas
[*] IBN-Lokmat (When it arrives, it is going to kick ass. You see, Nikhil Wagle heads it. Don't ask me who he is. You should know.)
[/list]Any other good Marathi channels missing?

Yes!!! we want these channels available on Tata Sky or we have to start looking for OTHER options for getting these channels

Continue your fight, you have to have some more marathi's in this forum to raise your voice in full volume and the rest of us will support you through this forum:)

I have serious worries that this thread will be wiped out in the sun storm. Try to keep it alive, if possible. But provide some relevant content.

Current Marathi options on Tata-Sky:
[*] DD Sahyadri
[*] Zee Marathi
[*] ETV Marathi
[*] AIR Marathi
[/list]More info available at Marathi Television - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Info on channels not yet launched/ added:
Star Majha
Wiki: Star Majha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Web: Star Majha - Home Page

IBN-Lokmat
Wiki: IBN-Lokmat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mi Marathi
Web: MiMarathi.TV - Aaplya Mansanchi Aapli Vaahini

Regarding Zee Talkies, I don't think it has been launched yet. I can't find a website for the same. When the channel does launch, I hope that apart from the mindless comedy typical of 1980s-90s Marathi Cinema (to be fair, it was not the only industry that suffered from it), it also reserves time for some of the serious stuff and films with real drama. DVDs are available in Planet M etc, but it would be nice to see it on tv.

Also can some one tell me where I can find DVDs of Vijay Tendulkar plays like Ghashiram Kotwal (not available in Planet M) and also plays like Surya Pahilela Manoos. This was the first link I could get on google for SPM: another subcontinent forums > Soorya Pahilela Manoos & Marathi theatre (I am aware that GK was a political bombshell. Would like to have information regardless. Do not have much regard for censorship.)

Raise ur voice guys! Unless u do that o dont think ur voice will be heard!Do the same as we did being united for star ckt!

Zee talkies is said to be started from today on Dishtv.... another first from Dishtv:P

Instead of bidding for Corus, Tata should have bid for Sky. Then Tata-Sky would have received all the Star channels as soon as Star launched them, just like DishTv gets Zee channels as soon as they are launched.

TATA should really gone for SKY, anyway...
ZEE TALKIES not having its webite, but it is flashed before loading ZEE MARATHI site (fsFLYR).

Well I think Tata Sky should learn Channel addition from Dish TV. Dish Tv added Zee Talkies today but we don't have it.:(I have both connection so i can watch this channel on Dish TV.

Back