Tata-Sky : Please respect the feelings of the Marathi Manoos

Instead of bidding for Corus, Tata should have bid for Sky
Correction. Tata should have taken over Zee group. Then Tata-Sky would get immediate access to all Zee channels. And Sky is too expensive for Tatas to even consider buying it.

Well ZEE TALKIES will be started from tomorrow and it will be added also on Dish TV.

So anyone have Dish Tv connection they can enjoy it.
Indiantelevision.com > News Headlines > Zee Talkies to go on air from 25 August

Well ZEE Talkies is added to Dishtv today.

Well ZEE Talkies is added to Dishtv today.

Good news Jjvj. Another first on Dish tv. Oh God please save the walls now :hysterical:

hey, does that mean , now i have only option left with me is of DISH TV, if i want to watch all these marathi channels?tell me fast, coz i'm switching over from HATHWAY DIGITAL TV to DTH........Expecting reply soon....

hey, does that mean , now i have only option left with me is of DISH TV, if i want to watch all these marathi channels?

DishTv is currently on top when it comes to content. Tata Sky is a distant second. Quality wise (picture, audio and navigation) Tata Sky is supposed to be better according to some people, but since I have not used Dish Tv, I cannot comment on these parameters.

If you have to shift urgently and content is what you want, Dish Tv is a safe bet. If you can hold off the switch for some time, Reliance BlueMagic will enter the market (assuming Insat 4CR is successfully launched) in another 3-6 months and content issues too will be sorted out one way or the other. Then you will have three choices in the DTH market.

I have used Hathway (digital) earlier and their content is not bad. Can't say that about picture quality.

These are things as they stand now. Make your decision.

well this bloody ****er [tata] even though he is so rich eating away our money and fillng his ass holes with it bull shit this group even doesnt think about adding minimal channels to their customers what is the use full commercial mind by any way get money first not providing channels even though there is availablility of channels like zee and now sun and charging 300 pm what they r doing for last 4 days even though they made agrement with sun just ****ing each other my time also will come at that time i will just through this dabba out of my house it is just irritating so heavily

I had raised several requests on Tata Sky customer care for Mee Marathi and Star Majha. They just say that they are in the process of adding new channels. I contacted Star Majha directly on mail and said that even though both Star and Tata sky has same JV partner, still why can't you show your channel on Tata Sky (star majha is FTA moreover). They replied that they will soon launch their channel on DTH platform.

Although i watch little of the marathi channels being a Maharashtrian , i have to say i respect your opinions about this issue , gregory. However imo the bulk of the quality marathi entertainment is confined to 2 channels , Zee Marathi and ETV Marathi as against the vast number of channels over which the entertainment is distributed when it comes to south indian channels. The channels you listed are relatively new channels and it will take some time to be added. Tata Sky have said that they are concentrating on regional channels market and that it is a priority for them. So it's just a matter of time before those channels are added.

Why are we all begging for channels when we pay for it, they r not doing any charity by giving channels we pay for it so we must get what we want. This is total autocratic behaviour of Tata Sky. :madness:

See the differenec, how new DTH operator is going to offer :

"Airtel plans to offer 150 plus channels in addition to radio and interactive channels on its DTH platform."

The Statesman

Back