• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 6,257

krish_88

Regulars
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
Hi, I just gave an order for Tata Sky. Just had some queries 1. How much time does it take to arrive after ordering it?2. What are its Installation Charges?3. In case if i am out of station and if i want to discontinue Tata sky for a specific period. Is it Possible?4. Can Tata Sky be taken to other state? Just asking

Hi, I just gave an order for Tata Sky. Just had some queries

1. How much time does it take to arrive after ordering it?

2. What are its Installation Charges?

3. In case if i am out of station and if i want to discontinue Tata sky for a specific period. Is it Possible?

4. Can Tata Sky be taken to other state? Just asking

1 .... Within 24 working hours from the time of registration.

2 .... Rs.1000/-

3 .... Not Possible At All.

4 .... It can be taken to any place across india with shifting charges.

Regarding the 3rd point i think it is possible you need to check with the CC guys of TS.

I have registered for the connection today morning through their site. Does it take same amount of time. Haven't received any call:confused:

dont do any transactions of purchasing stb's with Tata Sky through phone. better go to any electronics dealer and buy stb. then they will forward installation to technician. he will come within evening depending on number of calls he had.

Why are these DTH guys taking shifting charges? Is it not possible to shift and install it at the new location. Also there is no extra cost involved in installing at the new location; we can use the same cable and all?? :confused: So why charge shifting fee? :mad:

Why are these DTH guys taking shifting charges? Is it not possible to shift and install it at the new location. Also there is no extra cost involved in installing at the new location; we can use the same cable and all?? :confused: So why charge shifting fee? :mad:

Tata Sky take shifting charges coz they'll provide u with new dish and new cable wiring at the new location but incase u urself decide to do the installation with ur old dish and cable, u'll loose all the support from the Tata Sky if u ever need them to look after for the problem at ur new premises. Also, then they will charge u very heavy amount as a penalty. I just confirmed this from Tata Sky Customer Care as I will be shifting my Tata Sky connection very soon. At present, shifting charges are about Rs.600/-.

Another query is "How to Pay the installation charges? Should i pay it to the one who installs it?

When you purchase the STB from a dealer, you will get a INR 1K voucher with the STB.. Post installation of the dish and stb by the tech, you need to call TS IVR or register via web with your ID and then use the recharge voucher to pay the installation charges... Note : Your service will be active for a couple of days to let you use the voucher as it might take a day for your registration details to be updated in their CRM. The tech might request you to use the voucher after a day.

Back