Tata Sky's Customer service is Really Better than Other DTH Providers

• Thread starter Thread starter vivea
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,844

vivea

ISP
intech cablenet
Hi Guys,I Know that Fact that Tata Sky Doesnt Add channels and also writing about the customer service of Tata Sky is nothing new to this forumBut the reason i am writing this is to warn those who plan to shift to other Dth Providers.I am not supporting Tata Sky,but like other Users even i was fed up when Tata Sky did not add any channels especially regional channels ,so for my secondary connection,i thought of going for airtel DTH by taking their lowest Pack with a South plus Top up (total Rs 175/month) as airtel has more regional channelsBut their customer service is so pathetic that you will really feel like throwing the STB awayI had a problem where my adaptor of the airtel dth stb was not working and hence my stb was not turing on (yes..the first model of airtel DTH STB has an adaptor)it was just 7 months that i took adtv and was out of warranty(adtv product has a warranty of 6 months).i had to make 3-4 complaints and finally the issue got resolved after 8 days8 days is a long period and for the adaptor they charged me 300 rs.again after 2 months,the adaptor stopped working and the same problem started.this time it was terrible,i had to make 10 complaints and finally after 15 days the issue got resolved,their customer service is so pathetic that no one even bothered to call up and ask about the issue in the first 14 daysagain they charged me 300 rs for the adaptori told them that the adptor was replaced 2 months ago and it should have some warranty period,the adtv tech told me that there no warranty for any new product that you buy after the inital installtionWhat the Hell mani am telling guys this because i know many of you are planning to switch,but really think twice before you do thateven my friends who are using adtv are facing the same problem,even more terrible problems with Customer Serviceat least i had tata sky as my primary service,so i had an option to watch Tvbut friends did not have even that optioneven dish tv,big tv and sun direct whose provide more channels,have pathetic customer service,my relatives who use dish,big and sun have started scrathing there knees.I dont say Tata Sky's customer service is best,but at least better than othersas the says goes :: "one should look at the quality and not the Quantity " is the best description for tata skyPlz post your answers.

you could buy the adaptor locally in your nearby electronic shop

the adaptor available in the market is first of all not suitable with adtv's STB as i tried getting one...i took my existing adaptor to the shop and got a similar one,but it doesnt work,which is still there with me and more over the adaptor for adtv in the market as well cost around 250 rs...

Vivea..you are absolutely right,even i was thinking to write a post with the same issue,even i used to use adtv as a secondary connection as they had better channel count,the customer service is really bad,i would say airtel is a cheater and they try to eat as much money as possiblei had to change my name in their account as they has spelt it incorrectly,initially when i called them to change the name,they said they would do it without any charge,rather they did not speak anything about the charges at all and finally after 48 hrs they charged me 600 RS....i called them and they said it for change of name ,just imagine 600 RS just for changing a name that too just a alphabet or two.even i faced the same problem with their adaptor and even i got a aaptor form the market,but id did not work and even they charged me 300 rsbtw,you said you got the adaptor form the shop for 250 rs,thats a bit high as i got it at 150 rsand btw i had already cancelled my adtv connection.my friends had faced the same problem,even they have cancelled iti agree with you that Tata Sky's service is good

I have never faced any issue with Tata Sky customer service team as they are very co-operative. It is rightly pointed that tata sky's service is good compared to other DTH providers.

I have never faced any issue with Tata Sky customer service team as they are very co-operative. It is rightly pointed that tata sky's service is good compared to other DTH providers.

Customer service depends upon person to person as well might be you havn't face any issue with customer care and exp. is good but their might be many other people who don't have fruitful experience with tata Sky Customer care and they are cursing Tata Sky for that.

Customer service is waste1. One time i asked about Discovery channel tamil available or not they told no not available for South saver but it was available that time2. One time i downgraded from South Jumbo to South saver they shouted at meNow decide good customer service or not

I think Tata Sky CC are doing reasonably good job. I had contacted them and got the solution easily.I had Dish TV for a year and so, their CC were also good.Only because of PVR i switched to TataSky+.:imwink:

Only because of PVR i switched to Tata Sky+.
:imwink:

Tata Sky+ has recording capacity of 45hours which makes it really good.:)

i would also say TS CC is good .I had DIsh TV earlier and got fed up ,. suddenly Star Channels disaapeared ...for some reasons ... i gave complaint and they took 3 days for it to be shown again ,, but Sun channels disappeared bcos of that .. and even after 10 days they didnot solve it ... the cc didnot understand even Regional Channel names ... when i said them Sun channels is not coming , he said Sun chnnels are coming in Dish Tv and i need to pay for that .. Stupid reply .. he cant even chek wat package i am in . i had to explain in full and after tat also nearly 3 Team leads took the issue and didnothing after 10 days i disconnected .But at the same time .. i called TS CC and asked them to reactivate the connection after nearly 1.3 years and they did in few minutes on the call and said i can recharge immediately and start getting the service and it happend right away .. and i did not face any Hardware issue with Stb, remote etc.. till now .. and ADTV charging 300 for adapter is too much ,, once i relocated and TS charged me 350 to remove and fix the dish in new location and do wiring which is a cumbersome task . 350 was worth for that Job,, but 300 for an adapter is way high . now i have TS+ and am happy with their service ,.. except for less Channels in all sectors and inappropriate Package Pricing ...

Back