• Thread starter Thread starter Kalyan_1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 6,659

Kalyan_1980

Regulars
ISP
BSNL Home 500
My friend's friend shifted to new apartment. In that apartment, TS is compulsory, because if anybody come to his house, Security will connect the camera from the entrance to his TV, so he will see that person in TV and told the security to allow the person. This facility is given by Tata Sky only. So in that apartment all should have use Tata Sky. :o

hehe.

LOL now what is relation of security camera with Tata Sky? i think this facility must be given by the dealer who is also selling tatasky. so he must have clubbed 2 things and put an offer to the society.

I dont have the exact details, previously he used AirTel. Now he is using Tata Sky. Only TataSKy has provided the option, none other DTH not provided this option for now.

the question is... was he forced to get a Tata Sky dth connection? i mean... tata sky is providing an extra functionality where you can see the guest that is arriving in the society. that is alright. but is it compulsory for the people living in that society to get this functionality? could he stay with airtel and not avail this security feature?

the question is... was he forced to get a Tata Sky dth connection?

i mean... tata sky is providing an extra functionality where you can see the guest that is arriving in the society. that is alright.

but is it compulsory for the people living in that society to get this functionality? could he stay with airtel and not avail this security feature?

I'm Sure he could

Technically its not possible for any DTH to provide the customer premises video input thru its sat transmission. It has to be a local loop which is mixed into the feed on the premises itself. It is some mixing happening at the cabling between the dish that is receiving the signals and the apartment owners engineering room from where the cables go to individual apartments. As an Architect I will be really interested in knowing this as we have to provide a separate video phone for each apartment and how this can be avoided. If it si only possible with TS is a difficult one to say as it might be something in the software of the STB, and as Airtel DTH and TS have the same software provider NDS , I think it shud be possible with Airtel DTH too.

As I said, i think its just a scheme by dealer who is selling both Tata Sky and security camera solution.

Back