ISP
Jio Airfibre
Railtel
Jio 5g
GtplKcbpl
Microtalk
DMCPL
ALLIANCE
If anyone's been struggling with ping spikes, ping loss, or VPN issues, here's a tip that might help!

Consider adding another Wi-Fi router in AP/router mode – it could alleviate those problems.

After some digging, it seems like Jio Airfibre might have some Wi-Fi-related issues. Adding a secondary router could potentially sort things out.

Hope this helps! Let's stay connected smoothly.

As we know jio claims that its focused towards modern ipv6 network.On more digging we have observed JIO allocates ipv4 to wifi but then routes the packets using 464XLAT transport mechanism (ipv4 to ipv6 conversation protocol,probably its not using any dns while 4to6 conversation).Not only jio Airfibre, Its buggy as of now accross the jio telemedia network.

Last edited:
Any idea how to disable WiFi on the Jio Air Fiber router?

Ironically, I am using wired ethernet and face these issues, I am very much thinking this is purely a backend issue.

Ping loss is lesser on wired compared to wifi.
Ping to the router ip and u ll get loss of ping. Router itself is pathetic compared to jio network.

I have switched to alliance broadband and I'm taking sleep of peace.

@Faruk You switched out? - Leaving behind the monthly rental? Are you using Jio AirFiber as a failsafe? I am still on Jio probably will be until my 6 Months run out. I really don't have that many uses for a more stable connection for now. My office laptop actually works as intended on the Jio Network..

@Parallax_153 i had to.
My work is not meeting with the jio s dpi &ipv6 policy. The frequency discussion effected me badly.

Hopefully someday I'll move this jio connection to my native place where internet mostly used for cctv.

Till now 12 months plans are useless.

Thanks to Jio Airfiber.

@Faruk That sucks man. I hope they fix the Congestion issues. But I would assume as it evolves the network teams should fix the issues, if they keep getting complaints I guess..

Back