The coverage of Sony Max

satheeshvarma

Regular
ISP
asianet
The coverage of this series in Newzealand was much more better this time by MAX...they are using the pictures and commentaries from SKY,unlike espn who has got worst graphics and untolerable commentators such as Harsha,Gavaskar and Wilkins.....with commentators such as Martin Crowe, Richardson,Ian Smith and Ravi Shatri clipped with the best graphics of SKY, it was an experiece watching cricket from Newzealand on Max....Manjrekar and Kartik added flavour to it..good to see no Mandira there...

ESPN has the best graphics and commentators.. Harsha Bhogle, Sunil Gavaskar, Allan Wilkins.. They are far better than those martin crowe.. :|

I agree that everyone will have their own opinions...i respect them and with that i express my objection to their viewpoints...graphics of espn star during cricket matches are considered worst because of their color,font and designs of graphs with unncessary bents on either side makes it ugly...i respect Sunil Gavaskar as one of the legends of Indian cricket, but as a commentator he is partial.as a good commenator need justified vision and expressions. Sunny only favour Indian view point...Alan Wilkins is a mere waste only talk like this "you are watching this match exclusively on Star Cricket" and "Stuart Broad is the son of Chris Broad"....every time you listen these kind of statements from him...he doesnt know how to analyse a ball or technique of batsman...Harsha is a good anchor, second best to Richie Benaud but his commentary is not upto mark..But he is the best anchor and the best radio commentator in india, .Ravi Shastri and Sanjay Manjrekar are the best Indian commentors in India...the way in which they analyse each ball and situation is awesome....

The highlights package which was shown in max was great.........as they showed it only for 30 mins.......... When i watched yesterday's highlights i was not able to commentry voice properly as the crowd shouting sound dominated more than the commentry in the audio feed we received.......

The coverage this time is very good. I am watching on SKY SPORTS in UK, and for me this time I felt like watching match from a good broadcaster. Sony has used high quality to produce this match telecast. Match is being boradcasted in widescreen and the graphics used also is good looking :thumbsup:

You guys are talking kinda nonsense.SET Max is not doing any production here. They are just taking the feed from Sky Sports and telecasting it here. All the cameras and other equipment belongs to Sky. That is the reason why you are finding the coverage to be good.All thanks to Sky and not to SET Max ;)But in the case of IPL, SET Max had to use their own cameras,equipment and employees and broadcast.And you know how the quality was!Sky Sports,ESS are dedicated sports and you cannot compare their production with SET Max. I dont understand when a movie channel should go and bid for the cricket rights :S When can't Sony start their dedicated Sports Channel like Sony Sports or something like that....?Whatever it is, Cricket in Set Max SUCKS. They will not show highlights of these matches once the Series is over:@

^^^
You are right, may be we were confused that matches were produced by Sony. But after going through various sites (mainly - New Zealand Cricket - Commercial Partners), it can be seen that Cricket broadcast in NZ is produced by SKY NZ. Then it is distributed to worldwide broadcasters. In India (unfortunately) SONY/MAX got the rights from SKY NZ.
BTW SONY bid for highest amount, making the most profitable deal for NZ cricket this time - NZ Cricket hits $25m jackpot - cricket - sport | Stuff.co.nz. Sports Broadcasters around the world should create some norms whlie giving out broadcast rights in some country. Some times Indian cricket in telecasted on ZEE or SAHARA in UK :wall:

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Another victim of sports broadcast by SONY is https://broadband.forum/sports-discussion/41817-fa-cup-sony-pix/ :wall:

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

SONY should start a dedicated sports channel or stop acquiring telecast rights for any sports :cool2:

The coverage this time is very good. I am watching on SKY SPORTS in UK, and for me this time I felt like watching match from a good broadcaster. Sony has used high quality to produce this match telecast. Match is being boradcasted in widescreen and the graphics used also is good looking :thumbsup:
When i was watching the highlights of the T20 matches in the end of the highlights in the max channel it has mentioned that is a Nimbus Production.........:confused:

By the way when i was watching yesterday match in TS there was a signal loss for sony max channel alone in TS where in my cable there was no signal loss.......did any face this same problem in TS yesterday while you were watching the match ........

By the way when i was watching yesterday match in TS there was a signal loss for Sony max channel alone in TS where in my cable there was no signal loss.......did any face this same problem in TS yesterday while you were watching the match ........

Are u talking about tht sun allignment thing...??.. tht did happen for like a couple of mins .. but then was restored.. it was due to some positioning of the satellite with the sun tht leads to tht phenomenon.. happens like twice a year acc to them..

Back