The General Cricket Discussion Thread

It was a disaster to select new and amateur Venues like Gujarat Modi stadium just to please that one person. It was clear that in the afternoon the pitch would be dead and dry for the side batting 1st. India as usual lost the toss and in-form Indian batsmen really struggled to play as it was evident from their stroke-play. Later as evening progressed to night, the dew made the pitch a perfect batting paradise as can be seen after Australia's 3rd wicket. Somewhere the Indian team knew this and displayed a defeated body language midway of their batting innings.

But ultimately, it was Australia who were amazing from 1st ball and it was crazy the amount of runs they saved by great fielding. Those 30-40 runs lost by India would have just made the match more interesting towards the end.

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:
-- video no longer available --

it does not look as bad as that tweet made it look. i am not sure what more was supposed to happen that didn't?

I guess he expected him to stay for photos with whole team?

Last edited by a moderator:
When one plays politics over performance in cricket, the results are along expected lines.

Glad that there were no water bottles thrown or crazy stuff done by the audience when they realised we were losing. I would give sportsmanship to the crowd, if not the PM(again expected from him).

It would be amusing to see the boys taking shower only to find out Home Min. standing behind them.

I am pretty sure Jay Shah lobbied hard to make Modi Stadium the venue for final. Unless Modi himself demanded that lmao. Height of sycophancy. What is the f*****g point of making the pitch slow for spinners when people expect runfest? Just to give Sir Jadeja the home advantage for spinning, they made things more difficult for us. The pitch was amateur effort and I remember me and my friends getting angry by the cracks of the dead surface... we were like WTF is that shit? When they showed the pitch again at around 7-8pm, there were no cracks. The dew made the pitch best surface to bat on. We lost the home pitch familiarity advantage then and there itself.

Next time for f***s sake have final at Mumbai where humidity conditions don't change drastically throughout the day and both sides have almost same conditions to play.

Interesting tidbit:
2003 and 2023 worldcups both had India lose to Aus in finals and both had Indian as man of the series.... a worthless reward after losing the cup.

Wankhede or Eden Garden are perfect venues for such event, but Modi/Shah politics of taking everything to Gujarat (no offense to any Gujarati's here) has ruined World Cup :mad:
Even Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad (all well known venues with great fans) were not given many matches compared to Dharamshala where match had to be stopped due to passing fog.

Back