Things to check before buying LCD TV

• Thread starter Thread starter dsneih
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 6,687
When I was buying LCD I looked out for - Resolution (mine is 1920 x 1080)Full HDContrast Ratio - more the betterHDMI port - to be ready for future devices as well as current (computers)VGA port is usually presentsome TV's have usb port but check what all formats it can play ( I dont think it can play avi, Tried on a friends Sony Bravia)some also have SD card slotsSome tv's support 5.1 audio output for home theater (check if you are interested)I bought a Haier LCD 42 inches it was cheap (40,000) full HD with 3 HDMI slots , high contrast ratio..Also if you want to go for a size more than 32 inches , go for Plasma, it has a higher Contrast Ratio than LCD so more VIVID picture quality, also its cheaper. Go for an LCD greater than 32 inches if you want to connect your PC to the TV, I read somewhere that Plasma TV's can leave a Burnout where there are stationary images for a long time eg. your desktop for windows, But note that when I asked the sales agent about this ,he seem to have no idea and said that the issue was fixed in newer plasma tv's.I have been using Haier for about 6 months now, it works great, I have connected my PC to it and using it like a Media Center, also have connected a 2.1 system to it. Its a new company for TV's so its cheeper, you might want to look into it.

I would go for samsung as samsung provides lcd panels for Sony and that too 1 generetion old from current one and then sony puts its technology in it , and btw samsung is world leader in lcd,led tvs.

samsung doesn't provide LCD panels to SONY,they had a joint ventur

and that joint venture was for very low panels so SONY also did it with SHARP

SAMSUNG is the world leader only because of their sales and cause their TV's are cheaper than SONY ones

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

i would prefer only led not 3d and from sony only.
bcoz long time 3d viewing is very harmful for human eyes as well as human behaviour.
sony has excellent quality in case of TV's as compared to competitors, but i think sony has yet to launch led tv in india as no led tv is mention on their official website.

it isn't 3D that hurts ur eyes its the type of 3D viewing that matters

if you go to Indian theaters,they provide shit 3D so our eyes hurt

the new tech is Polarized and Active shutter tech so the strain is very less

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Resolution (mine is 1920 x 1080)Full HD
Contrast Ratio - more the better
HDMI port - to be ready for future devices as well as current (computers)
VGA port is usually present
component cable
some TV's have usb port but check what all formats it can play ( I dont think it can play avi, Tried on a friends Sony Bravia)
some also have SD card slots
SOUND 7.1 CHANNEL SURROUND

i would prefer only led not 3d and from Sony only.
bcoz long time 3d viewing is very harmful for human eyes as well as human behaviour.
sony has excellent quality in case of TV's as compared to competitors, but i think sony has yet to launch led tv in india as no led tv is mention on their official website.

Your subject line should have been "Things to check before buying Sony LCD TV " since you have already decided the brand.

thanks alig and others for providing details ITs me .. i told am preferring the Sony .. but other suggestion are welcome like alig provided the details of the haier which is also good deal .. many time we have some brand image in our mind .. but if some other best deal is there why not to have look at it .. so its just basically to know what option are available and then go for good one ...

Back