This is how CNN IBN decides to check patriotism of common people

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,443
I wonder if they will all give the same reaction off camera & offline...

i am assuming it is against law to insult the national flag in any form. which is absurd. i would tear up the flag for 1000 bucks if it was not illegal in the first place.

lol.. Actually on thinking aloud, you are right. It was as if they went and asked would you like to commit a crime in front of camera & go to jail. People responded ..err. I have heard its not such a nice place to go to.. so, no thank you.

Americans can wear their flag as a bikini. Here in India you cannot even tear it apart to showcase your displeasure at ongoing things. When you create laws to demand respect for a national symbol, you just show how insecure you are.

Even America has laws preventing the use of national flag on/as attire.

Though I agree, shitty way to check patriotism.

but its not illegal i think..
But don’t ditch your Stars and Stripes accessories just yet: Experts say no one’s going to show up and tread on you because the flag code is a guide, not a law.

besides, they are allowed(??) to put up flags on their cars,house etc but i guess that too is illegal here in india.

I think Naveen Jindal or some other Jindal got that removed through a PIL.

I guess the key sentence here is

But don’t ditch your Stars and Stripes accessories just yet: Experts say no one’s going to show up and tread on you because the flag code is a guide, not a law.

Back