Thunder 699, Pune: Frequently getting logged out, cannot log back in immediately

• Thread starter Thread starter Dr. Rohit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,426
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance Broadband
Hi,
Last month, I shifted from BSNL to Reliance after about 6 years. Opted for the Thunder 699 plan. While I’m downloading torrents it works fine, even at 10 hours at a stretch with very stable speeds of 220-250 KBps.
But when the connection is idle (no downloading/uploading of torrents), I get logged out randomly. Sometimes after 10 min, sometimes an hour. Not just that, even when I am browsing, or streaming a YouTube video, I get logged out at times. While that’s not a problem, I cannot log back in immediately. The Reliance login page just doesn’t open. I have tried the following:
- entering the IP address of the login page.
-trying different browsers
-trying 4 different “auto-login” software
Nothing works. I have to restart my router and my computer and wait for random amounts of time.
What could be the issue?
Router: D-Link 2750u
Your suggestions/help would be really appreciated.

Configure your modem on Dynamic IP. I have had these sort of problems in bridge mode. Never the less, for the past 2 days lot of people are facing problems on the login page. Just wait for few more hours and they should be able to fix it internally.

@yougotmehere,Thanks a ton for looking into this. Could you please guide me as to how I can do that... I can get to my router configurations page but that's about it. And I've been facing these issues for almost a month now, so I'm very keen to try what you suggest regardless of Reliance solving the current outage at this end. Do let me know what and how it needs to be done. Much appreciated, Dr Rohit.

@yougotmehere,
Hmm,Thanks, will do that and get back to you. Right now my Primary and Secondary DNS numbers are way different than the ones suggested in that thread. Meanwhile, any update on the outage?
@cicsotech,
Oh... But ive been facing this issue (albeit to a lesser degree) for almost a month now. Any improvement at your end?

The one's suggested in that thread are from Google. You can configure the router to fetch DNS automatically or alternatively you can use 124.124.5.135 (Pri), 124.124.5.136 (Sec).
No luck with the Outage...the login page just lags. Luckily, for some reason my internet is just working w/o login. I believe some kind of up gradation is going on in the backend. Users have been reporting changes to the port speeds and plan acronyms.

Oh ok, will try those DNS numbers if nothing else works. I hope mine works without login too. That would be a boon.

Dr. Rohit said:
Oh ok, will try those DNS numbers if nothing else works. I hope mine works without login too. That would be a boon.
hi..wea u stay in pune? .. i am on sinhgad road, dattawadi .. looking fo reliance broadband here..

Dr. Rohit said:
@cicsotech,
Oh... But ive been facing this issue (albeit to a lesser degree) for almost a month now. Any improvement at your end?
No disconnection since last night. back to normal i guess.
You should try to complaint to nodal officer and tell them to appoint appropriate engineer who knows whats going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back