Tikona broadband download speed

• Thread starter Thread starter thanver
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 11,671
If Tikona is even the only ISP in the world I’d rather stop using internet than too go for it! & I’m serious about it.The company is being run by a bunch of thugs.I’m based in South Delhi & I registered my query with JustDial for ISPs who can cater to my area.Quite a few number of calls came with variety of plans. Among them there was a call from one Ms. Shalini from Tikona. She told me about a plan offered by Tikona in which, on a monthly Rental of Rs. 250+taxes, I’ll get 256kbps. Additional benefit was that upto a traffic of 200MB the bandwidth shall be 2Mbps. She added that there is an installation charge of Rs. 1,000/-, which shall get halved, if I agree to pay two months’ rental+taxes in advance. On enquiring about the first bill amount, she clarified that it would be Rs. 500/- for installation and two months rental+taxes would be Rs. 560/-, hence the first bill would be of Rs. 1,060/-. I opted for it on the promise that the connection shall be made active the next day of making the payment.Next day, their guy came (an un-adultrated dumbo!), filled up the form & took the cash.SO FAR SO GOOD!!Now my ordeal started. After numerous phone calls to their office & to Shalini, the connection was activated at the end of the 4th day. It was a wired connection (& after about 4 months & n-number of complaints, the wire is still scattered in my home without being properly cabled). I was yet to understand that this false promise was only the tip of the iceberg.The connection was activated on 18th Oct. 10 & the first thing I did was to check the website of Tikona about their charges and found that the installation charge was Rs. 500/- only. On raising the matter with Shalini, she blatantly declared that the site contains outdated info.For the first one & half months, there were frequent downtimes, I beared with it.Then from Dec. end calls started coming for payment. On being told that I have paid two months advance rental @ Rs. 280/- incl. taxes, to my utter shock, I was told that there was never such plan and the plan sold to me was a Rs. 499/- p.m. plan.On contacting Shalini, she refused to talk & shamelessly disconnected my call.Now, it’s been close to two month I’m fighting for justice & they, at first kept on calling me for making payment while increasing my outstanding billing and now have resorted to blackmailing by disconnecting my internet connection.And for my numerous complaints, neither any one of them has been resolved nor there is any call back.And the best-part..THEY NEVER PROVIDE ANY COMPLAINT REFERENCE NNUMBER

Back