Tikona does bittorrent throttling!

• Thread starter Thread starter anonuser7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 13,465
So i found this today and i knew it: http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Bad_ISPs#India
"Tikona limits BitTorrent speed" - Ofcourse i knew it the first day
"Limits bandwidth for accounts with a high traffic volume" - I kind of knew this and always had doubt about this, first my speed used to be nearly 5 mbps even after FUP and now it goes as down as 512kbps after fup.
"Limits bandwidth during certain times of the day" - Yes from the start, 3pm - 7pm even if you haven't crossed fup
"Prevents seeding" - Only reason i was banned on torrentleach.

Based on my exp with Tikona (8 months)
1) Not true
2) You were lucky so far. Your luck ran out now.
3) Not true
4) Not true

Based on my use of 5 month and 600gb downloaded I saw this vuze wiki page today and I totally believe itI am sure they have put me in a low priority class for massive downloading First torrent speed was 400-480kbps (only if I used encryption to forced) then it started falling and came down to 130-210 kBps and sometimes 40-70kBps Out of 600GB I have downloaded 500GB from HTTP and speed didn't decrease after FUP 580-600kBps( but yes the plan name changed from 4mbps retail to 4096kbps in session history )Now speed is 1-2mbps in day and 3mbps in nightPings have doubled, I will get this checked.

I have been using tikona from past 6 months and i am getting around 2mbps download speed(ie around 256 kbps transfer rate) with utorrent .....i am currently on 2mbps plan

Back