Torrent downloads on Dataone Home 500

• Thread starter Thread starter kumar.kirti
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,751
Well I recently saw that I was getting Speed in Bursts .... with 500 plan.I will get speeds close to 150 KBPS for 10 seconds then it will reduce.... to 0 KBPS .. and remain 0 for some time and then again get bact to 150 KBPS. this behaviour I observed when I downloaded stuff from stage6 using DAP. :OHas any one expericanced same ? I will check out if it happens on other servers too.-pranKster.

Nope. I swear by IDM.FDM in heavy mode too cant fetch at full speed.FDM gives me max of 20 Kbps whole IDM gives me 32 to 36 on my 256 Kbps connection.

Last night i have downloaded 3gb+...i have 500plan.

I have observed the speed bursts too. My speed all the time keeps continuously varying from 4KBps to 130KBps. I have home 500 plan. :huh:

hey ,if someone gets banned from a torrents site, will he wil be again allowed to registered and to doawnload again if ip is daynamic..or tracker knows that both r same

Well if you are using private tracker.... there you got a login and decent ratio to maintain. So if you got yourself banned.... try to get new login and hope that you are not found out ..... None of the public trackers BAN you ! but if you still get it then thats a different issue.... Just adding Administrators of Torrent Sites have different ways to figure out if you are same user or not ... may be they check for specific IP ranges , of Banned users... even so if u r on dynamic IP, and you get a ban, that will spell trouble for other users of same ISP ! That will also mean that you will not be able to bypass their check. :(So moral of story is try not to get ban.... esp if you are on UL plan.

i hereby ask for a motion to ban any bsnl subscriber from mentioning his/her download speeds on this forum--:|:|(in the general interest of the psychological well being of subscribers of mtnl,sify,airtel etc)

Back