TP-Link wireless router with MTNL issue

ISP
MTNL
Hi,
I have an existing wired MTNL modem and internet is working fine using that.
I bought a TP-Link wireless router (Router No. : TD-W8151N) and trying to set up the wifi at my home .
Issue :
Internet is not working on connecting the ADSL cable (from telephone line to router) and ethernet cable(from router to laptop).
Status of lights on the router :
Power : Solid light
ADSL : Solid light
WLAN : Flashing
LAN : Flashing ( In the booklet its written that it should be a solid light if corresponding port is connected to the laptop but this is not happening)

P.S. When am connecting the ADSL and ethernet cable with my existing modem its working fine.
Also am able to open the routers default webpage i.e. 192.168.1.1 but I think I should proceed with this setup once I have the normal wired internet working.
Any help with this?

Go to http://www.tp-link.in/products/details/?categoryid=219&model=TD-W8151N#down & download the quick Installation guide & User guide. From that you should get the info on the settings getting it going. But remember that
[SIZE=small]Connection Type should be PPPoE (MTNL )[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]VPI = 0 & VCI = 32[/SIZE]

& MTU shoould be 1492

Further reading you can refer to the TP-Link modem/router configuration mentioned here

Didnt u get installation CD with it...... I got one with mine.... W8970..... just use it.... select India... MTNL... and it should auto the settings.....
u will only hav to chg MTU to 1492...... but without tht it will still start the net....

@socrates
you have given me the link to setup the wifi right. But before that the router should work with the ethernet cable the way a normal wired modem works. Am unable to connect to internet without wifi itself.
@panzer008
yep i got the installation CD with it and tried to install it. the installation is required to setup the wifi but that would succeed only when the router itself is able to connect to internet. I am trying to connect to internet via wired cable and its unable to connect.
@socrates.
following your blog now to setup MTNL router. would update as soon as am done with the steps.
@socrates.
You are awesome dude. followed your blog and its done withing seconds.
Thanks thanks thanks a lot

Avinash Dubey said:
@socrates
you have given me the link to setup the wifi right. But before that the router should work with the ethernet cable the way a normal wired modem works. Am unable to connect to internet without wifi itself.
@socrates.
following your blog now to setup MTNL router. would update as soon as am done with the steps.
@socrates.
You are awesome dude. followed your blog and its done withing seconds.
Thanks thanks thanks a lot
Glad it helped, I saw your comment on the blog as 'Anonymous' :D. Actually the models I have setup of TP-Link were modem cum wifi routers. :D Anyway all's well thats ends well

Back